Middle Row Problems

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

pacemakerdriven

Middle Row Problems

Postby pacemakerdriven » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Hello,

I have a 2006 Pathfinder. I was packing to go on a long trip yesterday and needed to fold down the middle row in order to have more cargo room. The seat behind the front passenger seat would not fold down (where your butt goes). I pulled the tab and it seamed to release from the back, but it seams to be stuck from the bottom. Has any body else had issued with this.

Thank you,
Andrew

Tzvier

Postby Tzvier » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 am

I'm a little confused on what you are trying to do. Are you trying to pull the bottom cushion up first to do the fold flat or are you trying to rotate the whole seat (back and bottom) forward for access?

pacemakerdriven

Postby pacemakerdriven » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Trying to fold it up to fold flat. I actually muscled it up, but haven't put it back. It feels like something is getting stuck.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:22 pm

theres 2 ways to fold the seat.

1. you lift the seat (Where your butt goes) up all the way, and then press the lever on the SIDE of the seat to release the back down to make it leveled for extending the rear cargo area.

2. when the seat is in upright normal position, you pull the lever on TOP of the seat, which will cause the seat to fold on itself and lift entirely off the bed of the pathfinder. this will not make the cargo area level, but will provide easy access for those climbing in the rear seats.

which one were you trying to accomplish?
if its getting stuck, the mechanical operation is fairly simple. check if any loose toys or spare change has fallen into the holes anywhere.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”