Armada Wheels?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

bbermann

Armada Wheels?

Postby bbermann » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Does anyone know if Armada wheels are an option for us?

Gray

Re: Armada Wheels?

Postby Gray » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:42 pm

bbermann wrote:Does anyone know if Armada wheels are an option for us?
Same as the Titan the Armada wheels are 6x139.7 whereas the PF is 6x114.3. The Armada/Titan wheels will work with a 6x114.3 to 6x139.7 adapter if you are OK with those.

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:43 pm

Ok, thanks. It was just a thought. I was sitting at Vail this morning waiting for my wife to get her ski boot adjusted and was watching an Armada unloading so I got to thinking...
Then after a day of boarding I took a peek on Ebay. You wouldn't believe how cheap Armada wheel sets are going for but I have no interest in using any adapters, oh well.

I also noticed how one of my favorite vehicles, the Toyota FJ has relatively small wheels with big arse tires. Maybe that is the look I want?

Have a nice day.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:08 pm

bbermann wrote:... I have no interest in using any adapters...
Not to be confictive, but as a hypothetical question why would you be opposed to using wheel adaptors/spacers. Thanks.

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:26 am

Greybrick-No problem for questioning my logic.

My reasons for not wanting to use adapters are twofold:

1. Paranoia concerning integrity of the configuration.

2. Financial. While I absolutely love my Pathfinder, I realize it is not forever. I am concerned about costs. Simply adding tires to my 16" OEM wheels is just that cost.

When trying to go with something not designed for the vehicle I see costs for the adapters, wheels including (presumably larger) spare tire wheel, tires, TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sensors, dealer programming of the TPMS sensors, storage of OEM wheels, etc. It simply becomes financially unreasonable for what is mostly esthetic with a bit of performance (lighter weight) thrown in.

I also talked to TireRack.com and they indicated some of the private label wheels they sell in the Pathfinder configuration (Graphite something) are not TPMS compatable so one would be without that feature and the light would be on always.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:07 am

1. Adapters would make the wheel offset way off , causing the tire wheel to hang way outside the fenders ....

2.I have seen way to may failures with wheel spacers / adapters to make it worth the risk esp. on a heavy pathfinder !

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”