No More Chrome!

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

cgray

No More Chrome!

Postby cgray » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 am

I PlastiDipped the front and rear of my Pathfinder last night. It was much easier than I thought it would be and clean up was super easy. I think it turned out pretty good! The wheels are going to be next.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:57 pm

I like. Job well done. Did you remove the parts or just tape off the area around the parts to be painted?

cgray

Postby cgray » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:49 am

I taped around the emblems and grill. I made sure to block all of the grill off to avoid getting a rubber coated radiator. It was very easy to peel off the extra over spray and what landed on the hood past where I had taped off brushed off very easy with a paper towel. Time will tell how long it will hold up, I did 4 coats on everything using 1 can to do all of that.

motorkas

Postby motorkas » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 pm

very nicely done. . .word of advice - definitely going to need more than 4 coats for the wheels - budget about 3 - 4 cans (my wheels were 18's so I don't know if the increased surface area made me use more). Also, DEFINITELY do in an area that can shield the spray from wind - I did mine outside and it wasn't pleasant, even with a slight breeze). Good luck - so far mine have held up pretty nicely.

cgray

Postby cgray » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 am

I did the wheels this weekend. I did 3 coats per wheel and I am not that impressed. It looks great from far away but some peeled of from the 4 way wrench when putting the lug nuts back on. Too bad I had it done already by the time motorkas posted his reccomendations.

Overall it looks pretty good and I am happy with how it turned out. If it starts to peel off I will peel it all off and try again, thats the great thing about this stuff. I will probably use a can per wheel if I have to recoat.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”