Re-wiring Fog lights to come on at any time

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

blink32
Sponsored Member

Re-wiring Fog lights to come on at any time

Postby blink32 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:24 pm

There have been at-least two previous posts about this topic and AFAIK no-one has fully investigated how to do this. My preliminary research showed that there was indeed, a relay in the system that could be bypassed but I wasn't interested in the mod so I went no further.

Going through my bookmarks I found this guy: http://www.kptechnologies.com

Supposedly the products are the cat's meow. IIRC a friend had one of their pieces and was happy with the results of whatever it was he wanted. Anyways, a foglight product is shown there and it would appear to be a solder in affair. And there is a support forum to ask questions.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:33 am

Blink, if you set up the fogs independent, then you won't pass inspection. Once the high beams come on the fogs need to go out or you fail. Had it personally happen to me after buying a used jeep with fogs. Idiot that wired them up didn't tap off the right wire among other things.

You could use it for offroad lights mounted to your rack. We can make you look like a piney real quick.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:47 am

To clarify, I do not want this. This is just information for others because it has been asked in the past. I personally did this on a previous car and didn't have problems passing inspection at the time but things always change and you are always at the mercy of how well the technician is trained.

I need to go out and adjust my headlights up a bit. I think the OME is causing the nose to be a bit lower and has messed with my lighting abilities.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”