Hankook ATM's

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

motorkas

Hankook ATM's

Postby motorkas » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Pulled off the stock BFG's (they weren't bad in the dry but I was a little on the petrified side when it came time to drive in the rain with them - I think it had to do with the fact that I run Conti DW's and DWS' on my other car). That and I thought the 60 aspect looked "too short" for a sidewall. If you asked me what was worse - the stock headlights or the stock tires in the wet, I'd be hard pressed to choose between them - rant over. Got the Hankooks in 265 - 65- 18 (went one aspect size bigger). . .LOVE EM. They're the P versions so I don't expect to do any hard core 4 wheeling with them but they definitely cured the driving in the wet problem and I think they'll do good in snow. SURPRISING quiet (windows down, no music) and they do give a "more aggressive" look than that the stock tires.

The old BFG's

Hankooks:

Pick these 17's up from a member on the board and will get around to installing LT's for when it's time to go 4 wheeling (THANKS tntitan!!!!!) (pay no intention to the dirty garage)

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm not paying attention to the dirty garage, but the 3 motorcycles sitting in the garage.

Nice upgrade in tires by the way.

GFremont

Postby GFremont » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 am

Are those Rigid Industry D2's on push bar? If not, what are they? Do they put out some decent light? I'm looking to replace my PIAAs.

BTW, I have a set of Dynapro ATMs on my Path for almost 2 years now. I have had no complaints.

2008 Pathfinder by Gregg.F, on Flickr

motorkas

Postby motorkas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm not paying attention to the dirty garage, but the 3 motorcycles sitting in the garage.

Nice upgrade in tires by the way.
Thanks - the BMW is the most recent addition and good lord it lives up to the hype!!!!!!!!!
Are those Rigid Industry D2's on push bar? If not, what are they? Do they put out some decent light? I'm looking to replace my PIAAs.

BTW, I have a set of Dynapro ATMs on my Path for almost 2 years now. I have had no complaints.
Good to hear on the ATM's - love them in the wet - even had to trailer one of the bikes back from the track in the wet and felt nothing but comfortable the whole time. . .

Yep - Rigid Industries Dually D2's - I posted a thread about them but I'll let the pics speak for themselves. . .

Normal headlights and fogs

Highbeams

Normal headlights/fogs and D2's

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:09 pm

I looked into those D2s and what I saw was $200 each. Is that what everyone pays for those lights?

motorkas

Postby motorkas » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 pm

volvite wrote:I looked into those D2s and what I saw was $200 each. Is that what everyone pays for those lights?
Unfortunately, right around there but, when I started pricing other LED's from other companies, the difference was easier to handle. . . the good part is they throw some serious light; the bad part - they throw some serious light (and with that, justifiable paranoia about blinding oncoming traffic). . .

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:08 pm

What kind of beam pattern did you buy for the D2s? Flood?

motorkas

Postby motorkas » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:06 pm

I got the "driving" pattern which is supposed to be a combo of "flood" and "spot". . .probably my biggest surprise is how much light they throw out to the sides - if you look at the pics, not only do they light up further and more in front of you but also throw out significant light to the side as well. I love them but then again - compared to the stock lights - anything is an improvement:)

nutbar78

Re: Hankook ATM's

Postby nutbar78 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 pm

motorkas wrote:
Monster, RC51, and what is on the left?

motorkas

Postby motorkas » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:25 pm

BMW S1000rr :D

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:08 pm

motorkas wrote:BMW S1000rr :D

Drool... nice addition to your collection... very, very nice!

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 am

So it's been a month - how ya liking the Hankooks? Think I might give em a shot.

PS, nice toybox. Got a trio of my own but only a combined 5 cylinders. :wink:

Oh yeah... And I hate your truck. Makes me wanna do crap to mine since I know exactly what it'll look like. :lol:

deserter

Postby deserter » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:10 am

I'm getting some installed in a couple of hours, the price was great and I like the tread pattern, the bfg long trails kept ripping on gravel roads and braking was terrible in bad weather so they have to go, shame really as I was pleased when I bought the truck that it had 4 new tires on

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:31 am

Got an appointment for Weds to slap on some new sneakers... 267/75/16. $684 installed by www.townfairtire.com
They're about the cheapest I can find anywhere.

deserter

Postby deserter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:23 pm

really happy with mine so far, slightly stiffer{I wanted this}, quiet and no noticeable drop in mpg......just waiting for the temps to drop and snow to fall for a full thumbs up

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”