I read the entire "Ultimate lift thread"

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

nutbar78

I read the entire "Ultimate lift thread"

Postby nutbar78 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 pm

....and I don't really feel anymore confident about making a purchase than before. There are so many different options available across a very wide dollar range.

Can someone sum up exactly what needs to be done for someone like me?.....between 2-2.5" of lift, don't really do much off-roading other than the ocassional curb or downed tree branch.

4x4 parts has a few kits available.....are these kits complete? Do I have to buy anything else additional? https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... 1_649.html

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:39 am

well, that's the hard part. everyone -thinks- they know what they want and what they'd be happy with....until they install it an catch the bug. "well i think i want to add this now, and that, and add this". :)

however, i would recommend that if you're only looking for a little bit of lift, you're not going to be doing anything else (bigger tires, etc), and you're pretty happy with the stock ride, then just do the deluxe suspension lift from 4x4parts.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html

it's cheap, kind of easy to do and will make your ride slightly more firm. the package is complete. however you may need to buy rear camber bolts. look under your truck from the rear and to the inside of your spring. if you have these, then you already have rear camber bolts and you do not need to buy them. it will be a bolt with a disc under it with those notches.

and after you get the new suspension parts installed, then you'll need to have it aligned. and keep in mind that you'll probably have to align it 2-3 times as your new suspension parts settle. i had to get mine done 3 times within a weeks span, but it's been just fine after that.

cgray

Postby cgray » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:59 am

I went with the rancho system and am happy with that. I dont do much off roading and most of the time I spend on pavement. But it looks a lot better and when I am off road I have a little more clearance than before.

primo

2-3inch lift

Postby primo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 am

i put air shocks on the rear and cranked the torsion bars up2.5 inches. it rides nicely, a little stiffer than stock but not bouncy. The air shocks still have 3 more icnhes if expansion before they are maxed and compresion is about 5 inches or more. this cost me $100- for the shocks and $100- for the labor. after the torsion bars are up you will need to order a slightly longer shock for the front end i used rancho 5000 and it rides really nice on and off road.
I just ordered dick cepeck all terains all four for 664- all together less than a thousand dollars to get the lift tand tires. This is primarily a street vehical that goes off road a few times a year on a mild/fun basis nothing to stupid or crazy to start breaking things.

NmexMAX

Re: 2-3inch lift

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:44 pm

primo wrote:i put air shocks on the rear and cranked the torsion bars up2.5 inches. it rides nicely, a little stiffer than stock but not bouncy. The air shocks still have 3 more icnhes if expansion before they are maxed and compresion is about 5 inches or more. this cost me $100- for the shocks and $100- for the labor. after the torsion bars are up you will need to order a slightly longer shock for the front end i used rancho 5000 and it rides really nice on and off road.
I just ordered dick cepeck all terains all four for 664- all together less than a thousand dollars to get the lift tand tires. This is primarily a street vehical that goes off road a few times a year on a mild/fun basis nothing to stupid or crazy to start breaking things.
You sure this is an R51?

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”