Tagged along with LSJC to Barnwell Mtns, Texas

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

Tagged along with LSJC to Barnwell Mtns, Texas

Postby doctahjones » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:34 pm

buddy of mine just got a jeep and had joined the Lone Star Jeep Club. they were doing a "new guys" outing to an offroad park about an hour and a half away from dallas. they were kind enough to let me tag along in their beginner group. i literally was the ONLY non jeep in the park the whole time (besides the atvs/dirtbikes/etc). i think i did impress a few of them though, and i really impressed myself with just what our r51's are actually capable of. there were a few things that i though "there is no way i'm making that without scraping/etc". and then i made it without -any- problems. my buddy says he has some pretty cool vids of me doing some stuff, can't wait to get my hands on them.

and for as much sh*t as the jeep guys gave me (and i told them "hey i'm expecting it, i'm totally crashing y'alls jeep party"), they were super helpful and super friendly. and like i said, i think i impressed them on a couple of the trails. i even got high fives for one of the difficult "boulderish" climbs :)

the whole set is here:
http://thelabphotography.com/gallery/120908-lsjc/

soooooo with the sway bar....after i disconnected it i realized something. i couldn't rotate it down/forward because the tires got in the way, even before airing down. i also couldn't rotate it back/up because the tie rod (i assume thats what it is, just in front of the propeller shaft) got in the way. i forgot to bring a bungie so i ended up tying it with some rope to the lower control arm. later i switched to a zip tie on one side which was actually a bad idea. apparently the rope gave it enough leeway so it wouldn't move too much when i would articulate. the zip tie then pretty much attached to the lca, so when the lca moved, the sway bar moved. will def have a bungie next time. (btw, notice the nice new sway bar bushings? :) )

one of these things is not like the other....

another guy snapped these pics of mine:

my buddy standing on the climb for the previous pic, it was hella steep.

well, they WERE new tires. only seemed to be on my passenger side rear.

and only one real major scrach. goes from the passenger side rear door allllll the way back to the tail light. i think i can get most of it to buff out :)
Last edited by doctahjones on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:21 pm

1st video. too bad it's sideways. dunno how to turn it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfDIUM4GVgI&hd=1

love the comment right at the end... "good wheelie". the other guy was about to say "get some" (as they told me when i drove by)
Last edited by doctahjones on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRrD5gs0Y0A&hd=1

lol @ :46 "he should have went the other way". i'll show you (in #3)!!

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:54 pm

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:13 am

Looks like fun! Thanks for posting. At least you only have 1 scratch. I've given up trying to get all the scratches out of mine.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 pm

thanks! it was a blast. going to take the wife out to another park that's closer real soon.

and i do have alot of scratches, you just can't see 'em unless you're really looking.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Nice job dude. Keep it up. Soon the scratches won't bother you. Instead you'll be proud and tell everyone the story of how you got them.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 am

8) Awesome pics and vid. Thanks for sharing. I post the Part 3 vid on my friends FB wall. He keeps telling me I need to buy an ATV. :lol: I posted the vid and said I don't a damn ATV :lol:

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Awesome pics & movies!
Glad to see that the Pathy didn't let ya down...could have been pretty embarrassing in front of all those Jeep guys!! ;)

We need to get a bunch of Dallas Area Nissan guys together for one of those trips!

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 am

i'm down anytime!

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 pm

oh, and i have a frontier buddy that's down too. he has the nismo offroad pacakge that apparently also has a factory locking rear diff in 4lo.

Jays2010

Postby Jays2010 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Nice!!! What kind of roof rack is that?

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 am

doctahjones wrote:oh, and i have a frontier buddy that's down too. he has the nismo offroad pacakge that apparently also has a factory locking rear diff in 4lo.
There are a few others on here from DFW area that I think would be down too. Maybe we'll start our own Lone Star Nissan Club and do our own adventure outings!! 8)

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 am

Jays2010 wrote:Nice!!! What kind of roof rack is that?
this one i believe. i got it second hand from my buddy that had sold is grand cherokee...

http://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Cargo-Carr ... PAod4B0AUQ

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:38 am

Touchdown wrote:There are a few others on here from DFW area that I think would be down too. Maybe we'll start our own Lone Star Nissan Club and do our own adventure outings!! 8)

now there's an idea....

Return to “Offroad Adventures”