Anyone know the location of the rear AC evaporator drain?

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

pyrophilus

Anyone know the location of the rear AC evaporator drain?

Postby pyrophilus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:08 pm

I have a '05 R50 LE.

The A/C is musty, and my 5 yaer old's nose gets all clogged everytime the A/C is turned on (front or rear).

I bought foam a/c evaporator cleaner, and I plan on pumping it up the evaporator drain tube.

I think I've located the front (I am guessing it's the same as what Nisasn TSM calls A/C Drain tube?) inside the right side front fender.

Anyone know where the rear a/c evaporator drain hose is located??? I'd like to clean both evaporators while I am at it.

TSM has instructions on how to remove the evaporator, but doens't really tell you where the hose is...

Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Since the evaporator is located on the right, rear of the vehicle, the drain hose outlet should be directly below it. Using the below link, you can see the drain hose at the bottom of the rear cooling unit, part code "27715Q" in the diagram.

http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page_Pro ... ageID=6427

pyrophilus

Postby pyrophilus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:39 pm

I saw the same tube in the courtesy nissan parts diagram, but it wasn't labeled as drain tube. I guess I'll poke around tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone know where exactly the rear evaporator is located in the car? In the FSM, disassembly instructions, it says to remove "rear RH interior Trim panel" (and it refers EI-27). On that page, all I see is body side trim diagram, and only shows:

center pillar lower finisher,
center pillar upper finisher, and
lower dash side finisher.

Few pages later, it lists Luggage side lower finisher RH, which is the trunk area.

So the evaporator removal instruciton tells me to remove the "Rear RH Interior trim", but no interior panel in the diagrams say the same thing.

I just wish they'd tell me what panel it is behind...

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 pm

It's located just behind the right rear wheel well. So, if you open your rear hatch, the panel on the right side of the trunk area is what would need to be removed in order to access the rear HVAC unit. If you look from underneath the right side of the vehicle, you should be able to see the aluminum coolant and AC lines along the frame and bend 90 degrees up to the HVAC unit.

Return to “R51 General Chat”