Bulk Buy for Rocky-Road Super Sliders

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Oly 22

Bulk Buy for Rocky-Road Super Sliders

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:02 pm

As members of TheNissanPath, we have a unique opportunity to get a bulk buy price on the Rocky-Road Super Sliders, for the R51. I have not looked into the sliders for the R50 or WD21 but the same offer may apply. Rocky-Road manufacturers in house and makes the sliders to order. This means that the fabrication cost is high as they may make one set of sliders, for a specific vehicle, at a time. For some other, more popular vehicles, they may make several at a time so bulk buys would be difficult. The Pathfinder would be one of those vehicles that they build to order, one at a time. So an R51 bulk buy would lower their production costs, without impacting their margins. This is perfect, we can save money, and Rocky-Road does not have to cut profit.

For a minimum order of 5 kits, they could offer a 15% discount. For a minimum order of 10 kits, they could offer a 25% discount.

Super Sliders
Standard price is $409.00 USD, freight and any applicable taxes are extra.
With a 15% discount, the price would be approx. $347.65 USD, freight and any applicable taxes are extra.
With a 25% discount, the price would be approx. $306.75 USD, freight and any applicable taxes are extra.
Please note that discounts do not apply to freight costs.

Restrictions
-One Time group buy. We all place our orders with in a day of each other.
-Orders must be placed within this time frame, to receive the discounts.
-No orders received after this time frame will be accepted at the lower cost. Do not expect to pay the lower price if you place an order three weeks after the bulk buy. Standard pricing would apply.
-Each member is responsible to place their own order, pay for the sliders and freight to their location.
-All orders will be shipped at the same time, this allows Rocky-Road the ability to cut, weld fabricate and paint all sliders at the same time.
-No rush orders that will impact production. Rocky-Road would ship each order, to each member within a couple of days of each other. We get them when we get them.
-If the entire bulk buy is less than 5 sets, the orders that are placed will be sold at full suggested price of $409.00 USD. In other words, we need at least 5 members to commit, to get the discount. If one backs out, the rest would lose the discount.
-All orders to be for the Super Sliders (If R50 and WD21 owners are also interested, they could organize their own buy. I would be happy to pass along contact details).

At this time, I believe 5 members have expressed interest in the Super Sliders, including myself.

We are going to set a time limit on commitments and placing orders. All members that are interested must commit by October 15th and all orders must be placed on October 22nd. Orders would then be shipped in November. I will be the main contact, from the forum side and keep count of the orders. On October 16th, I will contact Rocky-Road with the names or forum members that will be placing their orders on October 22nd. All members that would like to participate, please post a response on this thread. This will be how I can keep track of how many orders will be placed. I could also follow up with Rocky-Road for fabrication and shipping dates. For those that would like to place an order, you could PM with your contact details, it might be the only way we can cross reference the orders to forum user names. I wouldn't want to miss anyone.

I am 100% committed and was going to order the Super Sliders anyways. This would free up a little more money for another mod. Who's in?

Oly

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:09 am

Oly 22,

Great work. Count me in. :D

cgray

Postby cgray » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 am

To someone that has the sliders already:

Do they stick out enough to use them as a step to get stuff on and off the roof?

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:39 am

Hey cgray,

Might be a good question to PM NVSteve. He was the first to get them and carries a kayak on his roof. RacerZX ( Carl ) also has a pair. It is a good question.

Jeremy4234

Postby Jeremy4234 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:09 am

Mark me down for a set.

cgray

Postby cgray » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:16 am

Oly,
Good call. I set a PM to him asking about them and if he has any close up pictures of them to share. I will share the respose when I get something back.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:21 pm

cgray wrote:Oly,
Good call. I set a PM to him asking about them and if he has any close up pictures of them to share. I will share the respose when I get something back.
Sorry, guys. Jury duty this week, so I've had little time to do much of anything. All I can say is that the sliders work as a step for me. That may not hold true for others. I usually stand on them with my feet sideways, rather than only by the tips of my toes.

Here are a few pics throughout the time I've had them:

Freshly installed:

New set of Revos:

Out in the dirt:

My brilliant idea of applying ladder tape:

My better idea of applying bedliner:

One of the latest I have that should hopefully give an idea of how far they stick out:

cgray

Postby cgray » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:31 pm

NVSteve, Thanks for all the info and pics.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Yup, agree with Steve. You can step on them, you can jack up the truck from them, they're pretty dam serious rails :P

motorkas

Postby motorkas » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:33 pm

definitely interested - curious what the freight rates are to the east coast?

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Hey Motorkas,

What city are you in? I will get a quote from Rocky Road, to your city.

Oly

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 am

Count me in also.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:33 am

To date, the following members have committed to the purchase of the Rocky Road Super Sliders

Volvite
Oly 22
Jeremy 4234
NmexMAX

The following members have expressed interest

cgray
Doctahjones
Motorkas

We are getting close to five committed with two weeks to go, can we get ten? :)

motorkas

Postby motorkas » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Hey Oly, Thanks so much for finding out; If it's relatively reasonable (I'm not expecting 10.00:), I'm all over this!!!!!

Thanks again!!!

20876 - Germantown, Md

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:13 pm

No worries, I have just requested a freight quote to Germantown, Maryland and will post when Rocky-Road contacts me. They have given me an approximate quote to Vancouver, BC Canada of $100.00 via UPS. Probably an fair number based on the length and weight of the sliders.

Oly

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”