Newbie 2006 Pathfinder Owner Questions

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

gear1975

Newbie 2006 Pathfinder Owner Questions

Postby gear1975 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:46 am

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2006 Pathfinder S 4x4, in white. I'm very happy with it so far. I got it to pull our boat (19' Fibreglass bowrider), and the 3rd row is great for the family.

A couple things I want to do, and thought to see what this community had to say.

1. I don't have any fog lights installed, and am looking for a set. I have the plastic dummy caps in the fog light holes now. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on which ones I should get? OEM, or aftermarket? Ease of install, etc.

2. My door moldings are not installed. It didn't come with any. I noticed that almost all Pathfinders have these moldings. Any suggestions on getting some (white?) I saw some here: http://www.nissanvillageparts.com/scrip ... duct=29784 but they don't seem to come in white.

3. I'd like to get some running boards. Any suggestions on style? I think a black set as opposed to a chrome would suit it best. Nerf, or step, etc.? Any other owners get any that they're happy with?

4. Hood deflector. I see some on Amazon.com that look ok. Anyone have suggestions on which make (Auto Ventshade, EGR, etc?)

Thanks!

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Hey gear1975, welcome to the forum.

I can't answer some of your questions, but we are organizing a bulk buy on some Rocky-Road Super Sliders. If you follow the link, in my signature, you will see pictures of the product. If you are interested in these, let me know. I am running point on the purchase. Some members that purchase these, may have their gray/black plastic running boards for sale. One member even painted his OEM running boards in black, they look pretty good. That is if you do not have the OEM ones already.

I purchased a Nissan hood reflector, from the dealer. Looks good and fits perfect with a small discrete Nissan name on the drivers side.

As for the side mouldings, I would expect that these would come in one colour, black, from anyone and would have to be painted to match. I have not seen them available in colours anywhere.

My Pathy came with the OEM fogs, they are okay. I have not looked to see how easily the could be removed or installed. If you can find some after market ones that fit, that offer better lightout put and would be brighter, that would be the way I would go. Now that I have said that, I would be interested to see if you find something as I would like to upgrade these as well.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:33 pm

I'd say go for the rock sliders. Just a little more expensive then running boards, but offer better protection for your ride. :D

gear1975

Postby gear1975 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 am

Hi Oly 22,

Thanks for the input. Those Rocky-Road Super Sliders look awesome. I'll have to think about that group buy-in. I'm in Canada, so the freight and duty fees may be a bit cost prohibitive.

I'll call my local Nissan dealer to see about the OEM hood deflector too, I just thought to see if any other members have tried 3rd party aftermarket ones, and their experiences.

Once I do find and install fog lights, I'll be sure to share my findings here.

Thanks! :D

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:46 pm

I went with Nissan hood deflector. As mentioned, it fits right and I like that it mounts with anchors and screws as opposed to adhesive mounts.

The Nissan fog lamp kit mounts easy as the wiring alread exits in the vehicle. The foglamp kit comes with a new light switch and the lamps, themselves, install easily in the bumper fascia. They are a little pricier than aftermarket, but they work well.

The side mouldings are sold already painted and sold by driver's side or passenger side. You need your paint code. If you clink on the link below for Courtesy Nissan, you'll see the listing at the bottom of the page for the mouldings. Click on that and you'll see the listings for paint colors.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder ... _7587.html

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:48 pm

[quote="gear1975"]Hi Oly 22,

Thanks for the input. Those Rocky-Road Super Sliders look awesome. I'll have to think about that group buy-in. I'm in Canada, so the freight and duty fees may be a bit cost prohibitive.

I am in Vancouver and freight will be around $100.00. I have not bothered to figure out duties yet but am going to get them anyways. If you are somewhat interested, let me know what your postal code is and I can get a freight quote. I will post it under the "Bulk buy" thread, with the others.

gear1975

Postby gear1975 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 am

The Nissan fog lamp kit mounts easy as the wiring alread exits in the vehicle. The foglamp kit comes with a new light switch and the lamps, themselves, install easily in the bumper fascia. They are a little pricier than aftermarket, but they work well.
This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks smj999smj!

GodGaveUsTwo

Postby GodGaveUsTwo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:24 pm

www.autoanything.com has tons of accessories for tons of different vehicles at AMAZING prices. Deflectors, mats, intakes, door panel trim, bumpers, performance parts, you name it, they've got it. I just picked up a set of in channel Vent Visors, 4 wheel cross-drilled/vented rotors with ceramics, and a K+N cold air intake with a stainless tube for under $700. Great customer service. Do your research online, then call them. The guy that helped me (Chuck) gave me a ton of discounts that weren't advertised online (saved me over $200).

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”