'08 Towing harness

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Mr Mayor

'08 Towing harness

Postby Mr Mayor » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:00 am

Hi gang. Just started seeing intermittent trailer "courtesy" lights on my ATV trailer. I'm one of those people who always tow's with the lights on, so when I spotted the lights out, I jumped out and wiggled the connection, and poof it came on. Hmm, it's tight. So after using another trailer recently to tow the Miata around, and the problem happened again, I knew it was the truck and not my ATV trailer......
((EDIT: Is that weird by the way? My brakelights and blinkers were fine...and still are....))
Soooo......

Anybody got a harness around? How far under the truck does it go? Tell me it's not the TRUCK harness itself, like disappears in the chassis somewhere?

Since the problem is right there at the connector, I "could" try n splice another connector on in case anyone chopped theres off for another type of harness...

Anybody got one??

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:30 am

I had an issue this summer with an intermittent connection to my brake controller. Basically, it was shorting enough to make the controller think there was a trailer connected all the time.

Looked at the harness, and it had rubbed through is some areas, so I repaired with electrical tape, and some loom I had kicking around.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Going to drop the harness tonight and go through it as best I can (it's only 2 feet long BTW) .... My Nissan dealer went NUTS trying to find it in microfiche (By the way, Way to go Nissan....looks like a 2 yr old using PAINTBRUSH drew this pic)

If anyone has this harness, its the factory wiring harness to the left side of the spare tire.... Or if anyone isn't using it? I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today !?

MM

Return to “R51 Electrical”