Headlights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

Headlights

Postby disallow » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 am

So last night I noticed that my passenger side headlamp was not working. Since they are the standard 9007 bulb, and I was thinking about upgrading sometime next year, I decided to go the cheapie route, and found 2 bulbs for $7.99 at Princess Auto. Love that place!

When I went to replace the bulb (in the parking lot at Princess Auto with 2 screaming kids in the back seat of the truck), the malfunctioning headlamp came back to life. Guess its a loose connection.

I've had the same thing happen on my brake lamp on the driver's side. Seriously though, I've never had this happen on any car I've ever owned before. Is this common on vehicles? Is it specific to Nissans? Or just my Nissan? Very frustrating, though it makes me happy when something I think was broke actually isn't... :)

t

gear1975

Postby gear1975 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:59 am

I haven't had that problem, but any reason to go to Princess Auto is a win in my book! :)

In reading some of the headlight threads on this forum, it seems like the best replacement 9007 bulbs are the Philips X-Treme's. I've ordered a set on Amazon and they should arrive in the next week or so.

When going on a road trip a couple weeks ago, I was really not that impressed by the stock (I'm assuming they're stock) bulbs that I have in my 2006. I considered HID and / or Projector kits, but the cost and mixed results people were saying just didn't justify the expense. $40 for a set of bulbs that may improve night-time visibility probably a good value.

I guess keep your spare bulbs on hand in your glove box. You don't wanna be stuck with only 1 headlight when you're out on the highway at night!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Headlights

Postby NVSteve » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 am

disallow wrote: I've had the same thing happen on my brake lamp on the driver's side. Seriously though, I've never had this happen on any car I've ever owned before. Is this common on vehicles? Is it specific to Nissans? Or just my Nissan? Very frustrating, though it makes me happy when something I think was broke actually isn't... :)
It's common enough. I've had that problem in older vehicles, especially those that never really had the wrapped/insulated wiring harnesses. Even had to replace a fairly long set of wires w/connector in an old VW because I couldn't figure out where the wire had failed.

Return to “R51 Electrical”