Passenger Side Airbag

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Milgrad

Passenger Side Airbag

Postby Milgrad » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:14 am

Other thing we thought was weird and potentially unsafe is when my wife sits in the passenger seat ( 5 foot 6, 118 lbs) the passenger side airbag is NOT activated. When I sit in it the light goes off. Are you able to check and see what the weight limit is. I thought they were normally around 85-100 lbs. Any help would be appreciated.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:51 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum. We would love to see some pictures of your R52. I have to say we all are fairly new to the PF and any problem is new to us. You come to the right place for posting questions and concerns but it might be some time before we get new members with the R52. If it was a R51 you would find your answer. I personally like the new PF so welcome.

Storm Trooper

Passenger Side Airbag

Postby Storm Trooper » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:48 pm

My 2013 SL passenger side airbag dash light doesn't go out after the 7 second delay. Presumably the airbag is not armed then. It doesn't matter if anyone is sitting in the passenger seat or it is vacant. The dealer has "re-calibrated" the seat 3x, which gets it working correctly for about a week. The dealer then replaced the seat electronics, but after a week, same thing. According to the dealer service department, the actual sensors in the seat are hardwired into the frame, which would require replacing the seat.

Has anyone else had this problem?

cwills

Same problem

Postby cwills » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

I've only had it fixed once but the light came back on a week later.

Vez

Postby Vez » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:35 am

The Dealer replace my airbag sensor and calibrated, also the seat. Everyting is fine now :D

AtlantaX

Re: Passenger Side Airbag

Postby AtlantaX » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am

Milgrad wrote:Other thing we thought was weird and potentially unsafe is when my wife sits in the passenger seat ( 5 foot 6, 118 lbs) the passenger side airbag is NOT activated. When I sit in it the light goes off. Are you able to check and see what the weight limit is. I thought they were normally around 85-100 lbs. Any help would be appreciated.
In April, Nissan is issuing a recall to check the passenger seat airbag sensor. It is failing to detect passengers. Watch your mail.

Return to “R52 Electrical”