Can someone please make sure i did the bypass correct

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

creekman

Postby creekman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi I'm new to all this. I bought a used 07 frontier crew cab that has 48k on it. It has a tow package and I plan on using it to tow an 18 foot bass boat. It was in a front end collision and the radiator may or may not have been replaced in 2010 when this occurred. I live in jersey so temps are 5 to 102 degrees. If I need to replace a MODERATE cost of < $500 will be ok with me but i do not want to compermise original design intent just replace a poordesigned radiator with a good one. I will take care of the labor.

1) Is there a way to tell by part #, batch # or manufacturer if I have a bad one?

2) Does someone make an aftermarket radiator that oil and coolant lines have no way of contaminating each other. ( separate lines in one finned radiator?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:21 am

The radiators that could "potentially" have an AT cooler failure had the Calsonic label on the top tank with the part number 21460-EA215 or 21460-EA265. Those that have a Calsonic number of 21460-9CA2E are of the updated design.

Any radiator with an integral cooler has the potential to fail and experience cross-contamination.

sema007

Postby sema007 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 pm

i have question, i see picture of preferred oil cooler mount location from internet

but need to ask you, what about if i install this extra radiator in C location? this tube inside of radiator is doing cooling and heating effect as well in winter and it heats transmission fluid in cold starts and i think if i will place radiator after main engine radiator that will help to warm up transmission fluid ( with airflow from driving and even from contact with each other) and same time transmission fluid goes much hot then coolant in radiator, in my opinion air flow even in very hot summer from radiator will be no more then 90 Celsius and even 100 Celsius is good working operation temperature for transmission fluid. What do you think? direction will be from transmission to oem oil cooler in front and then to extra oil cooler to back of main radiator and return to transmission.

What you think guys ?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 am

I see what you're saying, but even mounted behind the radiator, it will still act as a cooler and do little or nothing as an instrument to warm the trans fluid. Liquid to air coolers are not nearly as efficient in heating or cooling as liquid to liquid coolers. The air that is being forced through the radiator and AC condensor cores will in no way reach the temperatures of the coolant inside the radiator tank.

sema007

Postby sema007 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:38 am

smj999smj wrote:I see what you're saying, but even mounted behind the radiator, it will still act as a cooler and do little or nothing as an instrument to warm the trans fluid. Liquid to air coolers are not nearly as efficient in heating or cooling as liquid to liquid coolers. The air that is being forced through the radiator and AC condensor cores will in no way reach the temperatures of the coolant inside the radiator tank.
THANK YOU FOR REPLY .

i read your reply on other page and thank you for that as well. yes i think is you are right, if problem in that radiator you will just change the radiator and there is big chance this problem will be solved but what about if this problem will be with other radiator as well? i agree to pay even $300 for radiator witch 100% will never let me down. that warranty from radiator will do nothing for me if my transmission will gone. you are confirming that this type of radiator are in use in many vehicles many years but please google it and will find how many problems they have too. i wont to make way that coolant will never have touch with transmission fluid. i decide to do by pass but same time i need to make it as a heating system as a cooler.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:51 pm

I answered this at your other post:

http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=6935&start=45

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”