Body rust

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Body rust

Postby Gray » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:26 pm

Just wondering if any here have seen evidence of body rust anywhere on the US built PF's. My guess is it will start occuring on unmaintained trucks first at the bottom of the five door panels and maybe around the top of the wind screen. On trucks that have a sunroof probably around that and for sure in the rocker panel for the rest. Haha, you guys living in SoCal, Nevada, Utah, Arizona etc have it good...the rest of us just get to see our trucks melt, why we try to trade them in quick. 8)

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 pm

I have a 2006. I have a little bit of rust beginning to show near the rear door handle area. The chrome cover that goes over top of the handle. It's on the left hand side, between the chrome strip and the main body. When I close the back, you can hear the chrome part hitting the body. And from what it looks like, the chrome part rubs against the body.

The rest of the vehicle is good.

Peace.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:48 am

We had a little rust at the rear hatch chrome detail. It was fixed under a tsb after showing it to the dealer. They sanded, painted and put plastic film over it, so the cover wouldn't rub the paint off again.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:51 am

Tillyboat wrote:I have a 2006. I have a little bit of rust beginning to show near the rear door handle area. The chrome cover that goes over top of the handle. It's on the left hand side, between the chrome strip and the main body. When I close the back, you can hear the chrome part hitting the body. And from what it looks like, the chrome part rubs against the body.
If you're referring to the chrome shroud above the rear license plate area, Nissan issued a TSB on that a while back. I've lost my web link to it, though. They'll have to remove the shroud, refinish the hatch, then install a protective strip behind the back edges of the shroud. Supposedly, Nissan corrected that issue in a mid-year production change for the '06 models. (I have one of the later ones).

Edit - boogy, you were posting as I was writing 8)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Body rust

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:36 am

Greybrick wrote:Haha, you guys living in SoCal, Nevada, Utah, Arizona etc have it good...the rest of us just get to see our trucks melt, why we try to trade them in quick. 8)

Except in winter when the idiots use salt on everything here in Utah. I know Nevada only uses sand when it snows, and I'm pretty sure California is the same. It just annoys me to no end whenever it snows in Utah, because then I'm driving around with gobs of salt/snow packed in the wells, under the body, etc.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”