06 PF Air Bag Light Blinking

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Ride2Live

06 PF Air Bag Light Blinking

Postby Ride2Live » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:09 am

Last week, my good friends wife backed into my PF coming out of their garage, the vehicles were so close that she did not do any damage to my PF.

Anyway so 2 weeks go by and then last night when I got in to go somewhere the air bag light started blinking. Now I have to think that if this was something to do with the small bump previously it would of done it at that time?

One more interesting thing that happens is every once in a while when my fiance gets in the passenger seat the "Air bag disabled" light comes on? But usually within the next start and stop it goes out as it should.

I'm going to take it up to the dealer as it's under warranty still, but I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with their air-bag system?

Thanks
Pete

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:24 am

Air bag function is covered in the owners manual page 1-43 through to 1-59;

http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R5 ... finder.pdf

On page 1-53 it's written that if a malfunction occurs the airbag light will blink and to have it checked by Nissan.

On 1-52 is the explanation of when the passenger side airbag turns off automaticaly, when the sensor registers a light weight passenger for example.

Ride2Live

Postby Ride2Live » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:30 am

Greybrick wrote:Air bag function is covered in the owners manual page 1-43 through to 1-59;

http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R5 ... finder.pdf

On page 1-53 it's written that if a malfunction occurs the airbag light will blink and to have it checked by Nissan.

On 1-52 is the explanation of when the passenger side airbag turns off automaticaly, when the sensor registers a light weight passenger for example.

Thanks, I have gone over this information as well.
I have an apt. 10:00am tomorrow at the dealer. They said they will be able to tell me what's up in about 20min. Might just need a reset or perhaps a part.

Thanks

Pete

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”