Hands Free Texting

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

birdsofprey02

Hands Free Texting

Postby birdsofprey02 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:40 pm

If you look at Nissan Website with the official photos of the 2013 Pathfinder here: http://www.nissanusa.com/suvs/pathfinder/colors-photos check out the photos in the "features" section.

The very last features section photo says Hands-Free Text Messaging
It's our most innovative Pathfinder ever, and it's equipped with Hands-Free text messaging.

I've bluetooth paired my iPhone with my Pathfinder, but can't figure out hands free texting for the life of me. Don't notice it in the manual either... Am I missing something here?

Also, as another user mentioned, I figured it would be through the Advance Driver Assist module in the instrument panel display... don't see anything there.

Platinum 4x4 with premium pkg.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:08 am

Have u tried to use Siri ?

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:04 am

I cant do that in my '13, I got Siri, but that wouldnt be hands free....

isuwill

Hands Free Texting

Postby isuwill » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:11 am

Hands Free Texting worked for us for a while! Anyone else?

My wife has a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4x4. Shortly after my wife paired her T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 710, the pathfinder would alert her to incoming texts with a statement like "incoming text from Joe" and then ask her if she wanted to "read it or ignore it". If she said read it, it would read it, and she'd be given a chance to reply if wanted. I was very impressed. It worked great for a good 5 months or so, and then stopped working. My wife has talked to our Nissan dealer service department manager several times about it. At first, they asked her if she did something with her phone and that it must be the phone. About three weeks ago, she got herself an HTC ONE (M8) and the texting functionality wasn't restored. BTW, Bluetooth voice calls have worked well with both devices. So the manager is now saying that the hands free texting doesn't exist on our model year. Looking at the Nissan website, it looks like the feature is part of Nissan Connect which is on the 2014 model.

Any help or guidance that anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

For the record, I'm adding a link to the original image, that lead to this thread, from a web archive project that crawled the Nissan website on 12/21/2012.

http://web.archive.org/web/201212210920 ... -large.jpg

lordtie20001

Postby lordtie20001 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 pm

I know you can read & send text with the Nissan Connect app but the app doesn't support the 2013 & 2014 Pathfinders. The 2013 & 2014 Pathfinders will read your text thru the bluetooth but it will not let you reply. Well it wont let me with mine at least (iPhone 5S with iOS7).

Return to “R52 Electrical”