TPMS for a second set of wheels

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

MallFinder

TPMS for a second set of wheels

Postby MallFinder » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 pm

I got a set of Murano "5-Y" wheels, Blizzak snow tires, and OEM TPMS sensors to use on our Platinum in the winter. I didn't know quite what would happen with the second set of TPMS sensors, but didn't have any choice. If I had to reprogram the car twice a year, well, then that's what I would have to do.

When I put the snow tire set on the car, went for a short drive to see how they rode. To my surprise, within 1.5 miles, the PF recognized their unique serial numbers, and converted itself to them. Cool! No messing around at a tire dealer or the dealer for a $75 reprogram.

The PF sensor is unique to it, the new Altima, and the Infiniti JX. Get OEM, and you're all set.

As I noted in another thread, the new PFs' wheels are 50mm offset and 66.1mm center bore. Exactly like the Murano 18x7.5, so they fit and work perfectly. After years of hassle with universal aftermarket wheels and hubcentric rings, I would never do that again. [/img]

digitaloutlaw

Postby digitaloutlaw » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm looking for winter tires for my 2014 PF Plat Premium. So that's great news on the Murano rims and especially on the TPMS! I was trying to do research on the topic - but can't find much info!

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:01 pm

What do you want to know? Most of the late-model Nissan rims will fit the new Pathfinder. This includes Rogue, Maxima, Altima and Infiniti. If you go with a 17" rim, your snow tire size will need to be 235 or 245/70R/17. The advantage of the smaller rim is that it allows for a higher sidewall to help with potholes and 17" tires are less expensive.

digitaloutlaw

Postby digitaloutlaw » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:04 am

Thanks for the info. I picked up a set of '04 Murano rims yesterday that are in new condition. Now the search for tires is on :)

I know the 18" ones are more pricey.. but since we are talking at least 5 winters out of them - its not really that bad.

I'm going to get a set of TPMS from Nissan - my cousin's husband works there. So I will get them at cost, which saves a little :)

Return to “R52 Brakes, Tires and Wheels”