New Titan truck builder

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

Gray

New Titan truck builder

Postby Gray » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:33 pm

A Chrysler factory building the Nissan Titan?

"Chrysler will manufacture a full-size pickup for Nissan. Based on a Nissan unique design, this truck will be manufactured at Chrysler’s Saltillo (Mexico) Assembly Plant. In order to accommodate this product, Chrysler will shift volume from Mexico to its U.S.-based assembly plants that produce pickup trucks. Sales of the pickup in North America will start in 2011."

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news/ni ... itan2.html

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:02 am

Well that made my next P/U chioce alot easier. Tundra it is.
So the next Path is going to be a unibody.
The next Titan will be plauged with drivetrain problems (is going to be a Mexican built Chrysler.) But it will at least have a cumins.
Well I hope the Oil burner Maxima can pick up some of the sales in 2010.
I was a huge fan of Nissan more so than any other brand, that is until Ghosn's drug problem.

The entire thing that drew me to the Titan was that it was a Japanese manufacturer building an American truck in US Plant in the US (/w US workers). So now it's going to be a Chrysler (gag) Truck built in Mexico?
No F-n thanks.

Nissan Shift_Loyalty
Last edited by Fofiddy on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:25 am

Chrysler can't sell enough trucks to clear their lots, so they will be able to put a different front end on and sell them as Nissans and have a greater sense of reliability. Nissan is letting Chrysler use the versa as a small car platform. There was a bunch of stuff on autoblog about this whole thing. http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/14/brea ... greements/

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:08 pm

nissan is going to hell in a hand basket guss its time to start saving for the bmw x5

Return to “General Automotive”