2010 pathfinder liftgate will not open

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

2010 Pathy

2010 pathfinder liftgate will not open

Postby 2010 Pathy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:52 am

I hear other doors unlock but not hatch now? There is an electronic button on tailgate you push to open liftgate. When you push now, no sound of release and door will not budge. Rear glass door opens as if the gate is unlocked. Manual says glass will not open if liftgate is locked so it appears it is unlocked but it won't budge. Seems electrical...any way to manually open? I do not see manual release inside?

2010 Pathy

Update FYI.....

Postby 2010 Pathy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 am

I figured it out and will post to help others.

Nissan builds a feature into drivers side door handle lock to remedy this if it is not a faulty actuator.

Insert key into drivers door handle lock and turn towards rear of vehicle twice very quickly. This manually unlocks liftgate.

Once I did this I went to liftgate switch and it opened right up. Locked doors again and unlocked with fob and it works fine now.

Crazy all the stuff built into newer vehicles....hope this helps someone out there.

2010 Pathy

Another point...

Postby 2010 Pathy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:04 am

Manual says 2010 pathfinder has auto closing liftgate, but mine does not do this...I gently lower liftgate to bottom but it does not automatically pull liftgate in to close as manual states...anyone know if this feature is not available or do I have a faulty unit?

I am at 33,000 miles so I will take to dealer before warranty expires if so. I will call dealership tomorrow to find out...

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:23 pm

in your SE it should be built-in

tlee_20

Postby tlee_20 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 pm

You need to remove the rear hatch cover( the plastic on the inside)
Then you need to unplug the rear hatch cinch motor module
It needs to be reset.
If this doesn't fix it, you will need to have it diagnosed
Eventually the rear hatch won't open again

HoagieCat16

Postby HoagieCat16 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm having a similar issue on my '08. I noticed that when I put the key in the drivers door and turned it to the right, the hatch no longer opens afterwards, only the glass. I took it to the dealer, and they said the computer wasnt recognizing the rear hatch and they had to reset it. Seems there should be a way to do it myself.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 am

When I replaced my hatch motor it wouldn't work until I pulled and replaced the fuse.

HoagieCat16

Postby HoagieCat16 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks DanJetta, pulled the fuse and it's now working like new.

Prosper-Path

Postby Prosper-Path » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm

So this is the second old thread I've resurrected today!!

Got a 2010 Pathfinder last week and working out some kinks. My cinch motor does not work, however, the tailgate opens and closes normally and latches.

Local dealer says I do have the feature, so I'm guessing I need to pull the fuse?

I've looked at all 3 fuse boxes and can't figure out which fuse it is. Can anyone help with which fuse box and which fuse in that box?

Much appreciated!

chuckroy

THANKS - This forum saved me $400

Postby chuckroy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:28 pm

Two weeks ago, I had the problem where the rear liftgate would not open on my 2008 Pathfinder. I took it to the dealer who reset the cinch motor and charged me $195. They said if it happens again, they would have to replace the cinch motor for $395.

Next day it happened again. I decided to see what would be involved with replacing it myself. I found these posts about replacing the fuse. I replaced the fuse and it is working great.

For anyone else who has this problem, the fuse is in the fuse box inside the glove compartment door just to the right of the clove compartment.

Now I need to see if I need to fight with the dealer to get my $195 back.

Thanks for all who posted.

nicolas95

Postby nicolas95 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:00 am

After reading you guys, I took off the fuse, it looked good, put it back in its hole, and the gate was working... now let's see if it is going to happen again and again

Thanks! first reply here, just bought a V8 Path, real monster.

FLiPMaRC

Re: THANKS - This forum saved me $400

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:04 pm

chuckroy wrote:Two weeks ago, I had the problem where the rear liftgate would not open on my 2008 Pathfinder. I took it to the dealer who reset the cinch motor and charged me $195. They said if it happens again, they would have to replace the cinch motor for $395.

Next day it happened again. I decided to see what would be involved with replacing it myself. I found these posts about replacing the fuse. I replaced the fuse and it is working great.

For anyone else who has this problem, the fuse is in the fuse box inside the glove compartment door just to the right of the clove compartment.

Now I need to see if I need to fight with the dealer to get my $195 back.

Thanks for all who posted.
8) Great info. Thanks!

Return to “R51 Electrical”