Nissan Radiator / Transmission Cooler

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

rch

Nissan Radiator / Transmission Cooler

Postby rch » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:21 pm

I was wondering how many of you have or know of someone who's had the problem with the radiator / transmission cooler. I have app 52,000 miles on mine and had it looked at by Nissan a few days ago. They said everything looked fine. I'm just wanting to know how prevalant this is. If it's common I might be selling mine. Thanks

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Nissan Radiator / Transmission Cooler

Postby eieio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm

rch wrote:I was wondering how many of you have or know of someone who's had the problem with the radiator / transmission cooler. I have app 52,000 miles on mine and had it looked at by Nissan a few days ago. They said everything looked fine. I'm just wanting to know how prevalant this is. If it's common I might be selling mine. Thanks
if that's the only reason for selling it, why not just by-pass the trans cooler in the radiator, or replace the radiator?
there's also an extended warranty program from Nissan that you may be covered by: http://www.nissanassist.com/web/Radiato ... hp?menu=22

tlee_20

Postby tlee_20 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Don't fix it till 80k miles. You have a free replacement till then. After that, replace the radiator or install an external cooler.

rch

Postby rch » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Is by-passing the trans cooler in the radiator costly? Will that remedy this issue all together?

tlee_20

Postby tlee_20 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:55 pm

You can do it for free or you can install an external cooler. We charge $399 for installation and the cooler at my dealership. It is a very nice setup when completed.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:29 pm

tlee_20 wrote:Don't fix it till 80k miles. You have a free replacement till then. After that, replace the radiator or install an external cooler.
if the OP has a 2005, his 8 years @ no charge on the warranty extension may come to term long before he hits 80,000 miles :!:

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:32 pm

rch wrote:Is by-passing the trans cooler in the radiator costly? Will that remedy this issue all together?
45-60 minute job, very easy to do, no additional parts required
it will eliminate the possibility of the contamination issue
or, you can replace the radiator
more info here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=2139

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”