4x4Parts rear 2" lift coils

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Oly 22

4x4Parts rear 2" lift coils

Postby Oly 22 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 am

For those of you that have installed the 4x4Parts rear 2" lift springs, I have a few questions.
1) Would you still need air bags, to keep the rear end from sagging, when towing?
2) If you had air bags installed, with the OEM springs, where you able to reuse the air bags or did you need to order a different set? My air bags seem a little too fat, to reinstall properly and too short, they do not reach the top or bottom. With the increased amount of coils and without anything to push against, at the top or bottom, they do not appear to push through the spring coils.
3) Would that make any difference?

Note: I have the Firestone Coil-Rite 4166 Air Bags, not sure if there is a difference in the size of the bags from Airlift.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 am

Looks as if 4x4 parts changed the lift amount on the description. Probably because of our findings. Not it states 0.5".

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -5637.html

Anyone call them and mention it? I remember someone stating that but I don;t recall who or where and can't find it.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:09 pm

I have the 4x4parts stiffer rear coils. My review of them is around here somewhere...the length and stiffness is such that unloaded it's only about .5" taller, but loaded down with several hundred lbs it's a full inch higher than stock (which at that point is nearly on the bump stops). Excellent upgrade IMHO.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 pm

RacerZX wrote:I have the 4x4parts stiffer rear coils. My review of them is around here somewhere...the length and stiffness is such that unloaded it's only about .5" taller, but loaded down with several hundred lbs it's a full inch higher than stock (which at that point is nearly on the bump stops). Excellent upgrade IMHO.
Yup, it's in the, "Hi, my name is Carl, and I bought a V8" thread.

Reason I mention it is because initially the product information on the site stated 2.5", but doctahjones and yourself both confirmed that not to be true.

I also have a set of these on the rear of my Pathfinder and they are worlds better than OEM, not to be confused with OME. 8)

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:14 pm

I found out the hard way and had a reverse rake, after I installed a 2" lift. I posted a picture of the OEM spring versus the 4x4 Parts 2" lift spring. The 4x4 Parts spring is actually shorter.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=30

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Yeah, it's physically shorter than stock, but with a higher spring rate, so at rest it a hair higher but doesn't go down as much with load.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:20 pm

I'm wondering of the Rancho rear spacers and those springs would be too much height and not allow for proper alignment.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:21 pm

It is interesting that they changed the wording, on the site. These springs are/were part of their 2" lift kit and now they state .5". Oh well, so far I am happy with the 2" rear spacers, airbags and OEM coils. Would have preferred a better spring though.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:24 pm

NmexMAX wrote:I'm wondering of the Rancho rear spacers and those springs would be too much height and not allow for proper alignment.
Great question, my rear alignment is just out of spec with no more adjustment left, using the Rancho spacer and OEM spring.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:16 pm

Listening to that makes me believe I won't have enough adjustment.

Which is HD springs + rancho spacers. I'll just leave the HD's on for now I suppose.

Last edited by NmexMAX on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:43 pm

i was looking at getting a lift and was thinking about the 4x4parts deluxe kit but if it doesnt actually provide the lift in the rear i may not go with it. plus the kit is back ordered till june. does the prg mini lift actually provide 2" of lift like it claims.

cgray

Postby cgray » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:35 pm

I have the rancho rear spacers and original springs. Both alignments I have had done since did not have any problems getting things into specs for me. I do think it is near the end of the adjustment though.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:20 pm

akley88 wrote:i was looking at getting a lift and was thinking about the 4x4parts deluxe kit but if it doesnt actually provide the lift in the rear i may not go with it. plus the kit is back ordered till june. does the prg mini lift actually provide 2" of lift like it claims.
General consensus seems to be if you want tha actual +2" lift, get the spacers and forget the springs. But if you're like some on here, the stock springs are fairly soft and crappy quite frankly.

There's also PRG mini lift kits, albeit just spacers.

Looking at most people's measurements the spacers give about 1-5/8 or 1-3/4" lift for the rear with the spacers. Coupled with the springs, my guess is somewhere in the 2-3/4" lift, and maybe a little less after everything settled, but I think that may be a bit high for alignments.

tcjensen1

Postby tcjensen1 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Reading everyone's posts and experiences, I think I'm going with the OME shocks and springs for $524 shipped from Rocky Road. I'm fine with anything from zero lift to 3" of lift, as long as the springs rates are a little stiffer, the suspension quits bottoming out, and I get new shocks out of the deal. I'm canceling my order for Bilstein HD's since I can't figure out what spring length / rates that they will efficiently handle ... and by the time I buy springs for the shocks, I've spent the $524 anyway, just hoping to have a good match. All Bilstein could tell me is that the shocks are valved for the stock springs. Well the stock springs suck, so I'm going OME kit. A 1-3" lift achieved will be gravy on top if it happens :) (I have an '05 with the easier alignment adjustments, so I assume I'll be able to align without a problem)

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:07 pm

I installed the 4x4 parts competition suspension package lift 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. i got 3" of lift and it rides great. I also installed the air lift bags I had prior and even though they don't fit properly they are working fine. its better than throwing them away or just letting them sit on a shelf. if they happen to burst oh well no harm done. I keep them at 30 lbs.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”