How does the new Pathfinder ride?

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

dcdemke

How does the new Pathfinder ride?

Postby dcdemke » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm

My family and I have been thinking about buying a new SL in black but still a little hesitant to since the newness of the model. I would really like people to say how they feel with more in depth features. Not the bluetooth but maybe the ground clearance or turning radius!

Thanks,

tlee_20

Postby tlee_20 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Compared to R51,

FREAKING AMAZING

/thread :D

crispy

Postby crispy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 am

CVT is noisy at the low end. Once you get up to 2000 RPM or so or at cruising speeds it is nice and quiet.

Turning radius is fine.

dcdemke

Postby dcdemke » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks for the insight. I think my wife and I are leaning towards the Dodge Durango R/T.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 pm

I would take a good, long test drive in both before you choose.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:56 pm

What's not to like? It's a Maxima wagon for crying out loud... Motor.. Trans...

dcdemke

Postby dcdemke » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks for the insight. We will be test driving both this weekend. If we do choose the pathfinder i will absolutely post some pictures.

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:31 am

dcdemke wrote:Thanks for the insight. I think my wife and I are leaning towards the Dodge Durango R/T.
We looked at the Dodge Durango before getting our 2012 PF, for us the PF fits our needs better than the Durango. If you plan on towing with the Durango be aware that the ones from the factory that come with a hitch already installed can tow 5,000 pounds, the one that come from the factory without a hitch can only tow 2.500 pounds. You can call Dodge headquarters back east to confirm these ratings.

dcdemke

Postby dcdemke » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 pm

My wife and I have decided on the SL Pathfinder. Should be picking up in a couple weeks. The sliding second row is amazing since we have 2 car seats for our girls. Wish i could afford the Premium but cant splurge to much.

MallFinder

Postby MallFinder » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am

dcdemke wrote:My wife and I have decided on the SL Pathfinder. Should be picking up in a couple weeks. The sliding second row is amazing since we have 2 car seats for our girls. Wish i could afford the Premium but cant splurge to much.
Smart move. Except... save until you can get the Platinum. My wife's favorite features are the heated steering wheel and all-around camera (amazing!). I like the bose upgrade. It's been cold so I haven't experienced this car's cooled seats, but I have driven other cars with them and they are pretty nice! I thought the 20" wheels would ride rough, but I can't tell the difference between those and my set of 18" snow tires. I watch this forum, ask any questions you want about the car.

If you still have any questions in your mind about the Durango, watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ6fvo4cZRE
Last edited by MallFinder on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcdemke

Postby dcdemke » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:41 pm

The heated steering wheel would be nice since we are moving back to an area of cold weather in the upcoming years. I have never owned a vehicle with leather seats so i am not to sure how the cooled seats will feel.

I have one question for people that have the dual rear entertainment system and if it is worth it vs. an aftermarket single overhead monitor?

MallFinder

Postby MallFinder » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Oops, I had said "save until you can get the premium." I meant Platinum, and just edited it. The Premium gets you two headrest monitors and two sun roofs for $2000. Since no one rides in the back of ours now, and we would have read to the kids or talked anyway while driving, the monitors would have been against our grain.

I thought I had thought of everything when we ordered. I thought the front roof came standard with the Platinum, like it does on all JX's. Every spy shot and sneak peak picture showed a car with a roof, and I got fooled. When ours came in, I said, "hey, they forgot the roof, is this one really ours?" Yep!
Oh well!

So, revised my thoughts are "save until you can get the Platinum!" And buy a couple of iPads, much cheaper, and maybe they will get used for something besides entertainment.

dcdemke

Postby dcdemke » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Just looking again at a couple features. Does anyone know how hard it would be to add the 120v ac adaptor to the SL model with out getting the premium feature?

MallFinder

Postby MallFinder » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Having it integrated would be hard and expensive, if you could get the parts. the parts supply chain isn't developed yet while they use everything they have to make cars.

You can buy stand-alone separate inverters that plug in a lighter outlet. Remember, though, they're only good for about 150W. Forget running your drill with one.

Return to “R52 General Chat”