Heated Mirror Install on a Non-Heated Mirror PF?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

OurPathfinder

Heated Mirror Install on a Non-Heated Mirror PF?

Postby OurPathfinder » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:52 pm

So, does anyone know if Nissan uses the same wiring harness for heated mirrors on the S, SE, and LE? As an SE owner in colder climates (snow), I'm curious if my SE is pre-wired for an LE heated mirror? Thanks in advance!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Heated Mirror Install on a Non-Heated Mirror PF?

Postby NVSteve » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:04 pm

OurPathfinder wrote:So, does anyone know if Nissan uses the same wiring harness for heated mirrors on the S, SE, and LE? As an SE owner in colder climates (snow), I'm curious if my SE is pre-wired for an LE heated mirror? Thanks in advance!
I can't tell squat from the service manual. I'd sure be happy if that ends up being the case, because I'd really like to have them.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Me too, why do they fog up so easy? I've never seen mirrors like these.. (I owned a glass shop for many years, trust me).

I've waxed 'em, cleaned, razor bladed 'em. What gives? OH and just this morning I sprayed the NO FOG goggle stuff, basically a cheap wax, I'll report tomorrow if it worked...

MGJ

Fofiddy

Re: Heated Mirror Install on a Non-Heated Mirror PF?

Postby Fofiddy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:38 pm

OurPathfinder wrote:So, does anyone know if Nissan uses the same wiring harness for heated mirrors on the S, SE, and LE? As an SE owner in colder climates (snow), I'm curious if my SE is pre-wired for an LE heated mirror? Thanks in advance!
The Canadian spec base models have heated mirrors and are built in the same plant. On the other hand when I asked about it my local parts guy said they were not the same harnesses... Doesn't make sense to me.
I'll look at the service manuel against what I see when I rewire my speakers in the next few weeks.

00void

Postby 00void » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:52 am

Marginjoey wrote:Me too, why do they fog up so easy? I've never seen mirrors like these.. (I owned a glass shop for many years, trust me).
My T4R mirrors fogged easy too but the heating got rid of the fog quick.

i'm curious about this too cuz i'd like to get heated mirrors on my truck. why it's not standard is beyond me.

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:36 pm

I don't know if it will be useful, but here's a few how-to's from clubfrontier.org and thenewx.org:

clubfrontier.org

thenewx.org

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:09 am

hollywoodstylin wrote:I don't know if it will be useful, but here's a few how-to's from clubfrontier.org and thenewx.org:

clubfrontier.org

thenewx.org
Out-F-ing-Standing, sweet find.

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:51 am

Was anyone able to get this working? If so, what was different when compared with the Frontier/Xterra install?

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:42 am

You can grab power for the mirrors in the driver door sill, there's a thick grey wire in the harness, (the thickest wire in that harness in an se and the only grey one, test it though before you tap it) that is the rear defrost wire. Tap power off of that with a 16 gauge wire, then split to a pair of 10 amp fuses one for left, one for right, from there into each door and into the mirrors.

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:31 am

I just finished this install. I got a pair of heated mirrors off of ebay for 75 bucks for the PAIR! Figured I couldnt walk away from that deal and as its getting colder in new england, figured now was the time to do it.

The heated mirrors and non heated mirrors use different plugs but the wire colors are the same.

The heated mirrors have 5 wires, Yellow, Purple and Blue for the glass movement, and then two black wires for the heater. I cut the connector off of the old, non heated mirror, and then using red crimp connectors, spliced it onto the new, heated mirror. This connects the Yellow, Purple, and Blue wires to the door harness and makes the mirror move up/down and left/right. After That was connected, I plugged it back into the door. This left the two defroster wires to deal with...

To connect the heater/defroster, I extended (use 16 gauge wire and a couple of crimps) the two black wires coming out of the new mirror and ran them through the door, into the dash, and then into the driver sill plate. I grounded one of them (doesnt matter which one) and the other wire, I connected to the thick, grey wire in the door sill harness. Thats the rear defroster wire. Now, whenever the rear defroster is on, the heaters in the mirrors comes on.

It took about 3 hours to do it all. I used about 15 red crimp connectors, 15 feet of red 16 gauge wire and 15 feet of black 16 gauge wire, and about 2 dozen zip ties.

BobRSSS

Postby BobRSSS » Tue May 02, 2017 4:49 am

I seem to have a dead mirror motor. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem . Did you use Ebay mirrors? $36 each.

BobRSSS

Postby BobRSSS » Tue May 02, 2017 4:52 am

jman9895 wrote:I just finished this install. I got a pair of heated mirrors off of ebay for 75 bucks for the PAIR! Figured I couldnt walk away from that deal and as its getting colder in new england, figured now was the time to do it.

The heated mirrors and non heated mirrors use different plugs but the wire colors are the same.

The heated mirrors have 5 wires, Yellow, Purple and Blue for the glass movement, and then two black wires for the heater. I cut the connector off of the old, non heated mirror, and then using red crimp connectors, spliced it onto the new, heated mirror. This connects the Yellow, Purple, and Blue wires to the door harness and makes the mirror move up/down and left/right. After That was connected, I plugged it back into the door. This left the two defroster wires to deal with...

To connect the heater/defroster, I extended (use 16 gauge wire and a couple of crimps) the two black wires coming out of the new mirror and ran them through the door, into the dash, and then into the driver sill plate. I grounded one of them (doesnt matter which one) and the other wire, I connected to the thick, grey wire in the door sill harness. Thats the rear defroster wire. Now, whenever the rear defroster is on, the heaters in the mirrors comes on.

It took about 3 hours to do it all. I used about 15 red crimp connectors, 15 feet of red 16 gauge wire and 15 feet of black 16 gauge wire, and about 2 dozen zip ties.

What did you do about paint colour? Leave them black?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”