2008 and up Radiator Bypass clarification please

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

kneehurts

2008 and up Radiator Bypass clarification please

Postby kneehurts » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:09 am

I would like to do the radiator bypass on my 08 Pathfinder. The 08 appears different from the 05-07 Xterra Utube video and other screen shots on the web. Do you require the longer 5/16 radiator hose because the 08's have the the auxiliary cooler on the drivers side and you need to run the line that is now connected to the radiator on the drivers side all the way over to the passenger side and connect it next to the oil filter?
Then you cap off both sides at the bottom of the radiator including the one that used to have the hose run from the bottom passenger side of the radiator and insert next to the oil filter?
Does the auxiliary cooler on the drivers side in front of the radiator not contain any coolant? Is is just an air to air cooler?

Thanks everyone, Chris

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:36 am

My 08 V8 has the external cooler on the driver side as well. I have not looked at the hoses the way they ran them but if the trany oil is fed to both coolers with the same line it would be different lenght of hose then the pathy's with no external cooler. If they are fed by separate lines then it would probably be the same way done as the non external pathy's.
and about the external cooler, that one is air cooled. Has nothing to do with the antifreeze.

tommymonza

Postby tommymonza » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:23 pm

!st off I want to say what a great site and how great it is that you guys are tipping off people about the radiator problems and finding easy affordable solution to cure it.

So this is my problem when i climb under my 08 pathfinder v6 le 4wd my rubber line does not come off the hard tranny tubes and go all the way across to the driver side of the lower radiator tank as i see in the vids so there is no way to loop the line after removal from the hard tube and connect it to the other passenger side of the tank to create a sealed loop for the lower radiator tank.

So this is how my transmission lines are routed right now and they appear factory.

A short rubber tube comes off the hard tranny tubes and does a short run to the bottom of the tank on the passenger side, Than a rubber hose comes off the bottom of the drivers side of the tank and disappears up behind the grill heading for the external cooler.Than another line appears from behind the grill on the passenger side from the cooler and attaches to the return hard tube line for the tranny.

Why is my plumbing route so different from what i see in the xterra vid on you tube and the diagrams drawn on this site?

Do i own some wierd bastard pathfinder?

Any replies are appreciated and once again thanks for a great site.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”