Driver side power window

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Vez

Driver side power window

Postby Vez » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 am

I have the platinum edition which i bought 3 weeks ago. This morning on my way to work the driver side window didn't want to go up or down after I opened it. The dealer investigated and found out that that the window motor was burnt. Replaced the motor and window is working perfectly. 3 weeks old truck and already power window motor burnt..................

AtlantaX

Re: Driver side power window

Postby AtlantaX » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:09 am

Vez wrote:I have the platinum edition which i bought 3 weeks ago. This morning on my way to work the driver side window didn't want to go up or down after I opened it. The dealer investigated and found out that that the window motor was burnt. Replaced the motor and window is working perfectly. 3 weeks old truck and already power window motor burnt..................
Interesting, I am having an issue with what I would call a VERY SLOW window. It's driving me crazy. I described it to a friend the other day as a window whose motor is about to die.

Maybe this is a common issue. I heard on another forum that lube helps. I'll add this to my list of tiny little things to discuss with the dealer.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 pm

I always joke that my window motor is a V8 because when I roll my window up or down the whole door flexes.

sroutte

Drivers Window

Postby sroutte » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:54 pm

My Pathfinder is under 2 months old and the driver's window has been slow since day 1. Looks like a new motor when she goes in for her first oil change.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Another common complaint my dealer is seeing is slow windows.... the more strain on the motor, the easier it is to burn out.. Just how long were you playing with it Vez?? :lol: I've sprayed my window tracks like 3 times with silicone spray...

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:36 pm

I've always lubed the rubber glass runs with spray silicone.

Return to “R52 Electrical”