Using a Smart Phone for music

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

bjstevens1951

Using a Smart Phone for music

Postby bjstevens1951 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:47 pm

My wife and I bought a 2013 SL this past week. The dealer mistakenly told us that it supported blue tooth streaming, but it actually doesn't. I have no AUX input in the receiver,and and the USB and RCA inputs in the center console. I tried plugging both of our Android phones in via USB and it displayed "Check Connected Device". Anyone have any suggestions on a way to play music from our phones in the Pathfinder?

dcdemke

Postby dcdemke » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:44 am

There is a list of compatable smart phones on the web. I looked at it a couple weeks ago but cant remember where. Google! haha

bjstevens1951

Postby bjstevens1951 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 am

No luck finding that list. I will keep looking... In the meantime is it possible to use the red and white RCAs? Will this only work in park?

ddv2005

Postby ddv2005 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:31 pm

bjstevens1951 wrote:No luck finding that list. I will keep looking... In the meantime is it possible to use the red and white RCAs? Will this only work in park?
You can use RCAs at any time. I use http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NQ ... UTF8&psc=1 for bluetooth streaming from my Android phone.

AtlantaX

Re: Using a Smart Phone for music

Postby AtlantaX » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:01 am

bjstevens1951 wrote:My wife and I bought a 2013 SL this past week. The dealer mistakenly told us that it supported blue tooth streaming, but it actually doesn't. I have no AUX input in the receiver,and and the USB and RCA inputs in the center console. I tried plugging both of our Android phones in via USB and it displayed "Check Connected Device". Anyone have any suggestions on a way to play music from our phones in the Pathfinder?
The compatible phone list is at:
http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth

You can get a compatible phone, plug into the RCA inputs with a 1/8" mini to RCA cord.

firecaptain

Postby firecaptain » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Not sure why my first reply got borked, but here's my limited experience with our new 2013.

My HTC EVO 4G LTE is NOT on the approved list. Initially connected - got the check devices thing.

Changed my phone setting to MOUNT AS DISK DRIVE and turned OFF USB Debugging.

Viola! Songs displayed on the dash screen. The giant round knob with 4 buttons allowed me to scroll and select songs. Worked flawlessly.

Wife has a Samsung Galaxy 2. Still trying to get it to work. Can't seem to find the MOUNT AS DISK DRIVE option on that one.

Good luck!

firecaptain

Re: Using a Smart Phone for music

Postby firecaptain » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:21 pm

The issue with that is:

Yes, you'll get audio, not NO, you won't be able to control the songs or see the displayed titles.

It's a good workaround but doesn't provide the functionality that should be there.
AtlantaX wrote: You can get a compatible phone, plug into the RCA inputs with a 1/8" mini to RCA cord.

Return to “R52 Electrical”