Best pads and rotors?

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:41 am

Also curious for an update. At 100k and my rears are getting very close to needing replaced and the fronts have the inside pads wearing quicker than the outside. I think I'll do all four corners and rotors this time as well. My oem rotors still seem fine from a runout standpoint but I think it would just make sense to replace at this point.

Looking at Akebono ACT pads and Raysbestos Advanced rotors which total up to about half of OEM parts from 1stAAANissanParts.com I'd hate to know how much a dealer would charge for brakes on all four corners!!

I've been happy with the OEM performance (no noise and no vibration) but for double the money...I'll move on to something else. The fact that the hardware kit for the OEM pads is separate and the rotors are double the cost of Raysbestos advanced....kinds of nuts. Nissan parts seem to be A LOT more expensive than Honda/Acura/Toyota.

asgard

Postby asgard » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:28 pm

I did the front rotors a couple of months back, Raybestos HD and Akebono ACT pads. I am going to repeat on the back soon. Nice quality parts and went together well. So far all is good.
I did have an issue with the slide pin rubbers after I re-greased them with Permatex lube, rear slides would not go in without sliding rubber up the pin, eventually go it sorted but am looking at replacing all the slide pin rubbers with the rear rotors and pads.
Anyone else had this issue?
Had to replace fronts at 75oookms as they warped over winter with hot rotors and freezing slush - not that happy with the rotor wear, pads still had loads, rears seem to be down more on the inside.
Brake dust almost nil.

mario8402

Postby mario8402 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:17 am

I replaced the original brakes and rotors on my wifes 05 SE with the ones listed in this thread. It has been a week and I drove it last night and noticed that at low speed with brake applied (parking lot looking for a spot speed) there was a constant squeak coming from the rear. Pretty much sounded like it did forever when backing up with the OEM pads.
I lubed up all spots, install was straight forward. what should I check now?? anyone else have issues with squeaks after install?

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”