Courtesy Nissan Returns -- a heads up

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

DanJetta

Courtesy Nissan Returns -- a heads up

Postby DanJetta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Just so you guys know, Courtesy only accepts returns on items which do NOT have any electrical components. Anything containing any sort of electrical component is sold on an "All Sales Final" basis.

For example, if you buy the wrong sun visor and want to return it, they'll take it (with a 20% restocking fee, which is pretty standard). If you buy the wrong visor that also happens to have the built-in light, you're screwed.

I found this out the hard way with a fuel pump ($300). They strictly wouldn't return or exchange it. I've never had this happen with a parts place and it'll definitely affect where I buy parts in the future.

Just a heads up for those who are like me and assume every place has the same friendly return policy.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 pm

that's a shame........
but in fairness, their return policy clearly states that
i also checked the first four Nissan dealers' on-line parts websites that came up on Google and their return policys were virtually the same
at the dealerships that i've worked in, the parts dept policy on returns was the same also
i think you're likely to have a tough time finding a dealership that will accept a return on an electrical part
you might try listing it on eBay to sell it

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 am

Good to know. I haven't had any trouble returning electrical parts to my local parts store (Advance). I returned a fuel pump there once.

I'm curious as to why they sent you the wrong part. I thought with Courtesy there was a place to enter your VIN # when you place an order so as to ensure the correct part is ordered. But I may be wrong, it's been awhile since I've ordered from them.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:35 am

I was going to ask a similar question...but I'm guessing the answer is that he really didn't need it. Following his other threads...he heard a noise so immediatly diagnosed a bad fuel pump.

I would imagine Nissan doesn't allow returns of electronics so the dealers will take the same stand. They don't want to be stuck with the part either.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 am

Yeah, hard lesson for me and that is in their return policy. Just a heads up to you guys if you're like me and don't typically read through a page of policies before ordering.

I bought the pump with the intention of replacing it myself. Being that it's fuh-reezing outside and work got crazy, I took it to a local shop which only uses their own parts (typical policy). No biggie, I thought. My pump is still in the unopened shipping box -- I figured I'd return it. Wrong.

I've returned parts to places in the past. I've run into restocking fees but never such a strict "you bought it, you're screwed" policy.

And one thing that annoys me (with any place) is the "I don't know why but that's just the way it is, deal with it" attitude. At least give me a reason... ANY reason, like 'Nissan electrical parts are designed to self-destruct if shipped twice.' It'll suck but it won't leave such a bad taste in my mouth the next time I have to order something.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:22 pm

DanJetta wrote: My pump is still in the unopened shipping box -- I figured I'd return it. Wrong.

I've returned parts to places in the past. I've run into restocking fees but never such a strict "you bought it, you're screwed" policy.

And one thing that annoys me (with any place) is the "I don't know why but that's just the way it is, deal with it" attitude. At least give me a reason... ANY reason, like 'Nissan electrical parts are designed to self-destruct if shipped twice.' It'll suck but it won't leave such a bad taste in my mouth the next time I have to order something.
yeah, though it's easy to understand their policy because so many people order electrical parts to swap in instead of diagnosing what's wrong in the first place, then want to return them if their guess turned out to be wrong.
can you imagine someone wanting to return a fuel pump that had been installed and removed, with all it's resultant indications of installation (not to mention the "fuelly" smell).
(been there - seen that :roll: )
nobody's ever going to want to buy that part
in the case of a part that was never opened or unpacked, i think they should have given you more consideration than that.
did you speak to the parts manager?

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Since Courtesy is not that far from me and they've always gone above and beyond on even the smallest stuff...I'm gonna have to vouch for them here.

They do have a number online that you can call and talk to a parts guy who can and will check to see if a part will fit you car/truck.
Oddly, you may then have to still order it online and not over the phone as it may be cheaper online. But they'll tell you that too!

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:50 am

When I ordered my radiator a few weeks ago, the shipping quoted online was nearly double what they charged when I called. Even with shipping it was still over $100 cheaper than my local dealer and they would not match the price or discount their price at all to get the business. Oh well, I tried.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 pm

I deal with 1stAAANissanParts.com. It's Mike Barney Nissan in NY state and they have the best prices of the online dealers I've found, so far. No problems with their service, so far.

Return to “R51 Electrical”