Fuel sensor and BOSE amp issue after car stereo install

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

indnracn2

Fuel sensor and BOSE amp issue after car stereo install

Postby indnracn2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Hey guys just curious. I had an aftermarket car stereo installed. LCD broke so was in process of replacing with another. Seems the wire harness looked the same for both checked 12V and Ground so to save time used that but neglected to check any other wires and plugged into new stereo. New stereo didnt turn on so therefore unplugged and checked wires realized 12v red Accessory wire was in another spot. proceeded to install using the current stereo wire harness. Now when I turn on stereo no sound - somehow popped BOSE amp? If yellow 12v constant and ground were in the same spot on both harness what could have popped the amp if that is the case but now no sound coming from stereo. That is not hte major issue i'm having. Since then now the fuel guage is all out of whack. Not reading correctly. Would installing car stereo have possibly caused the Fuel sensor/guage to go out of control and not read right or just a coincidence? So baffled right now...
Any thoughts?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:36 pm

The Bose system uses 1-ohm impedance speakers and amps, not the 4-ohm impedance speakers like the base system and most aftermarket audio systems use. You may need to replace the amps and speakers to work with your aftermarket head unit.

The fuel level sensor is a common problem. It was recalled on 2006 models. On other models there was a TSB and, IIRC, a warranty extension. Check with your dealer to see if it's covered.

indnracn2

Postby indnracn2 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Actually thanks for the info. I just was concerned what a coincidence the amp and the fuel sensor went out at the same time. Called the damm dealer they said my particular 2006 pathfinder was not covered under the recall so i have to pay to get it fixed (what a sham). However the amp issue is concerning me since I have a PAC OEM 1 installed too so not sure how to test if thats working.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 am

Be sure to keep all receipts if you pay to have the fuel level sensor replaced should Nissan decide to extend the recall to your Pathfinder. At first my 05 wasn't covered either but after I replaced the fuel sensor I got a letter from Nissan saying that I was covered. I was then reimbursed for the repair costs.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am

indnracn2 wrote:Actually thanks for the info. I just was concerned what a coincidence the amp and the fuel sensor went out at the same time. Called the damm dealer they said my particular 2006 pathfinder was not covered under the recall so i have to pay to get it fixed (what a sham). However the amp issue is concerning me since I have a PAC OEM 1 installed too so not sure how to test if thats working.
:? why is the dealer a "damn dealer"?
is the problem their fault?
:? and why is it a "sham" that you have to pay to have it fixed?
your truck is 7 years old
did you think it had a lifetime unlimited warranty?

Return to “R51 Electrical”