08 Pathfinder LE - Retrofit OEM Navigation / add video input

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

megatron

08 Pathfinder LE - Retrofit OEM Navigation / add video input

Postby megatron » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Hey I'm new here, just purchased an 08 Pathfinder LE V6. Comes with the 7" LCD, but I couldnt' find one with a Nav. Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the OEM Factory NAV system? I realize this may cost a bundle, but just wondering if it has been done. Otherwise, is there any way to add an auxiliary video input to add in an aftermarket NAV to play through the factory LCD? I realize it would not be touchscreen. Thanks!

MonkeyMike

Re: 08 Pathfinder LE - Retrofit OEM Navigation / add video i

Postby MonkeyMike » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:19 am

megatron wrote:Hey I'm new here, just purchased an 08 Pathfinder LE V6. Comes with the 7" LCD, but I couldnt' find one with a Nav. Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit the OEM Factory NAV system? I realize this may cost a bundle, but just wondering if it has been done. Otherwise, is there any way to add an auxiliary video input to add in an aftermarket NAV to play through the factory LCD? I realize it would not be touchscreen. Thanks!
just buy a garmin (etc)... you can buy any standalone GPS unit for WAY less than you ever spend to get a factory nav. plus, you can move it to any car you own, and your passenger (note, not you :P ) can adjust the route without having to stop the car.

~mike

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:56 am

Adding an aux input is fairly simple. Check with companies like PAC Audio. There are at-least 2-3 other quality places out there but the names escape me. You should be able to find them doing some google/messageboard research.

All things being equal adding the aux video input should be around $200? and is a simple plug and play event. Usually that cost includes multiple audio and video input streams.

Outputting a non-factory portable NAV to an alternate LCD is something I have not personally seen though so I am unsure what that would entail or if it is even possible. Do the portables have video outs? But I'm sure you could do it with one of the more robust units like Kenwoods.

ravrunner

Postby ravrunner » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:25 am

I am adding an Eclipse audio video navigation system to my pathfinder.

I had it in my 03 pathfinder and it looked stock.

Eclipse avn6610, great radio and it has dual entertainment which means I can instal monitors in the back and listen to music in the front.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:35 pm

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 760 and I'm just going to mount it to the tray on the dash. There are a few places selling them for $350.

rodg

Postby rodg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 pm

boogyman wrote:I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 760 and I'm just going to mount it to the tray on the dash. There are a few places selling them for $350.
boogyman...don't just mount it on the center dash tray. Buy the Nissan navigation housing to make it look more OEM. I bought my Garmin 750 for $305.37 with free shipping from Amazon.com

Check this out..

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=976

dunsho

Postby dunsho » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:59 am

I'm with OP, Got a 08se and i want factory nav,
anyway heres a link to ebay, adding a vid aux

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0265200440

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”