Failed radiator/transmission. Replaced...now a question.

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

bruinswinthecup

Failed radiator/transmission. Replaced...now a question.

Postby bruinswinthecup » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:03 am

Hey guys!

First off, thanks for the forum, it has been immensely helpful.

I bought a gently used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder about a month ago with 78k on the clock. I love it! I had done some research before hand, and had questioned the dealership regarding the radiator/transmission. They checked it, and sure enough, there was coolant in there. So, they warrantied it and replaced my tranny and radiator.

However, now, i have gotten the "kick in the rear" and "driving over rumble strips" feeling already, and there is only 125 miles on the new transmission!

Am i imagining things, is it the new transmission breaking in, or did the new radiator already fail? I thought they re-engineered the radiator to not fail anymore?

Any advice would be helpful.

THanks

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:53 am

I would definitely talk to them about it, make siure there is a record of your complaint. You could just be oversensitive to it, but maybe not.

Do you know where they got the transmission replacement from?

t

bruinswinthecup

Postby bruinswinthecup » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 am

Im definietly going to speak to them about it. Im gonna give it another week and see if i was just over sensitive.

they said the tranny was sitting in a supply depot in upstate new york (i live in burlington, vt). beyond that i dont know. i got under the truck after the work was done, and it definitely LOOKS like a new transmission (of course, its real easy to clean up the outside and make it look new and not touch the internals). I just bought the truck and dont want to be fighting this for the next 3 years that i owe on it.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:38 am

The other thing you can do is take a fluid sample and get it analyzed to see if there is anything strange floating around inside, they also do a glycol test so you can see if there is any contamination at all.

I've used Blackstone Labs in the past, but there are any number of labs out there that do this. Cheap investigation.

By the way: boo Bruins and go Jets go! :)

t

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”