2013 replaced my 2010

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

badkitty

2013 replaced my 2010

Postby badkitty » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Well, I came on here a year ago distraught over my wrecked "Maybelle". I loved it so, even after it was fixed, I ignored obvious problems. The most glaring is that it would not hold an alignment (it would align, but it wouldn't stay that way). After some research pointing to frame damage (which I was assured by the insurance company it did not have) and with a pit in my stomach, I made the decision to trade it in on Saturday. I was hit by an uninsured motorist and I could not keep putting money into her. Also, I have permanent neck, back and knee injuries from the wreck and the fact that I was wrestling her down the road now was literally painful. Most recently, I had to thread my arm over the top of the steering wheel and brace my hand on the dash to keep it from trying to go off the road.

I know there are a lot who are not pleased with where the new Pathfinder has gone, but in all honesty, it is a brilliant vehicle! During the test drive, I took it through mud, gravel and did donuts (I didn't buy the one I test drove!). It was also pouring with rain and I floored it on a road ponded with water. It wasn't thrilled with this, but it held true. For the muddy roads I frequently travel on, I think it will be more than adequate. I feel it will be comparable to my old Pathy but without knocking heads into the glass while doing it!

The new Pathfinder truly reminds me of the generation before this most recent one. Everything feels very smooth, but you can tell the power is there and it is still begging to have fun. Acceleration is pretty much exactly the same as my old girl, it just doesn't throw your head back quite as much. However, since my husband has an Altima with the CVT, I was already used to this. I have had to utilize the cruise control because it accelerates with so little effort and fuss, I have caught myself going way faster than I should!

I had to settle for a 4 x 2 which is what I had before, but had really wanted a 4 x 4. However, budgetary constraints reeled me in. I ended up with an SL in Bright Silver with Black Leather interior. It is fairly comparable trim wise as my old LE except I no longer have the heated steering wheel (little unnecessary anyway) or adjustable pedals (kinda miss those because I'm only 5'1").

The best thing about my new Pathy is the interior room! Compared to the cramped quarters of my old one (although I did cram 8 people in there once), it's like a mansion!

The build quality is phenomenal. Everything feels deluxe. Fortunately
build quality is something Nissan clearly cares about.

Bottom line, I think this Pathfinder will serve many well given the chance. I know it is going to work for what I need it for. When I finished cleaning out my old Pathfinder, I was pretty nostalgic. I thanked her for saving my life last year and wished her well and honked at her from the new Pathfinder as we drove away closing the chapter on one adventure and driving off into a new one. Now, to think of a name...

badkitty

Update

Postby badkitty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:06 am

Drove it in rain today with a good bit of ponding on the roads. VERY sure footed. I was hoping my first impression during the test drive was correct and it was. My old pathy was horrible till I got the crappy OEM tires off of it. Once I put Cooper Discoverers on her, she would run through anything.

Anyway, confirmation of good bad weather driving is very good for me as I work for an electric utility and when the weather man tells everyone else to "evacuate or hunker down", I have to get to work to get the lights back on and I need a car that can get me there safely. I have driven through tropical storms, in the aftermath of tornadoes, etc. My old Maybelle did a fine job of this and it is great to know my new one will too!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:49 am

Good to hear! Glad you found a vehicle that suits your needs. It sucks to always be questioning the integrity of your vehicle after a major accident, I always hope for a writeoff...

t

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:26 pm

I do remember you posting about your accident and your long wait for the R51 to be repaired so you could drive it again. Sucks that you didn't feel safe in the R51 anymore but glad to hear you found something you can rely on.

doctahjones

Re: 2013 replaced my 2010

Postby doctahjones » Wed May 08, 2013 8:00 am

badkitty wrote:
I know there are a lot who are not pleased with where the new Pathfinder has gone, but in all honesty, it is a brilliant vehicle!
my complaint isn't that the new vehicle isn't a good overall vehicle, i really think it is. my gripe is that they reused the pathfinder name. :)

Return to “R52 General Chat”