Issues with Kenwood aftermarket install?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

2537buzz

Issues with Kenwood aftermarket install?

Postby 2537buzz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi. My almost 17 year old saved his $ to upgrade the radio in his 04 LE. He had a Kenwood installed by PC Richards. System worked and looked great when we left. Next day an error came up with sirius radio saying the antenna may not be connected, that was the first issue. After that later we later started the truck and tried to turn the radio on and it was dead. We took it back to the installer and was told Kenwoods are sensitive and for whatever reason the radio went into protect mode. He popped the face plate off and rebooted it, showed my son how to do it if it happens again. Well, next day same thing happened. It played fine all day, the. For whatever reason we turned the truck on and radio was dead again. I am bringing it back tomorrow. I see no reason the radio would shut off daily unless there is an issue. Has anyone else run into this? I feel badly for my son, you know how it is, getting your license and first car and you save your money for something and it don't work. Thanks Elaine

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”