2" Lift Input - 4x4Parts

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Schmidty

2" Lift Input - 4x4Parts

Postby Schmidty » Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 am

I think I've finally decided on the lift kit for our new Pathy and wanted some input before I order. First off, let me preface this post by saying that we do very little offroading (maybe a camping trip once a year), so the lift is basically for aesthetic purposes.

I've seen a couple people on here running this setup and it seems to be a relatively inexpensive way to achieve a 2" lift:

2" Rancho Quicklift Loaded front shocks

With the rear spacer combo for leveling:

Total price would be $425 out the door for a 2" lift up front and leveling in back. Am I missing anything that would be necessary aside from an alignment after install?

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Fri May 03, 2013 12:07 pm

not sure what your mileage is, or how your rears are wearing, but i would replace the rear shocks as well so you have matched equipment front and back.

you will probably also need a set of camber bolts for the rear alignment.

hey, what a coincidence... i have all of this for sale... :P (yes, i'm totally that guy right now.) http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8853

PM me if you are interested.

~mike

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri May 03, 2013 12:35 pm

look under the rear of the vehicle and look towards the front. if you see these nice shiny brass looking off-center washers and bolts, then you will not need the camber bolts so you already have them. if you do not see these, then yes, get them.

you may or may not also need them for the front. while mine in the front don't look exactly like this washer, the alignment guy said that my fronts were still adjustable, and they were barely in spec.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri May 03, 2013 1:11 pm

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/ ... ols-28535/

I still need to try and do this for my rubbing in front.

tcjensen1

Postby tcjensen1 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:57 pm

Don't the rear shocks need more travel to accommodate the spacer + spring length, or does the top of the shock mount lower than spacer and this is a non-issue?

ThePainClinic

Postby ThePainClinic » Fri May 03, 2013 8:19 pm

So what's the final verdict on the lift for the rear? Spacers or Coils? Which coils? And will new coils work with the airbag 1000?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri May 03, 2013 9:05 pm

ThePainClinic wrote:So what's the final verdict on the lift for the rear? Spacers or Coils? Which coils? And will new coils work with the airbag 1000?

if you do the 4x4parts.com new rear spring, there's effectively no difference in which airlift you would need, the newer spring is only about 1/2in less in unloaded height.

i have the airlift and the 4x4parts springs. i think it works great. i'd say go new springs vs spacer, but that's just me.

ThePainClinic

Postby ThePainClinic » Fri May 03, 2013 11:05 pm

is there a part number for the rear spring?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat May 04, 2013 6:03 am

ThePainClinic wrote:is there a part number for the rear spring?
huh. that's weird. 4x4parts.com doesn't seem to list or have the lift kit i got about a year ago. even the url doesn't work anymore
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html

sooooooooo, i guess they don't offer that package or components anymore? you could try to email them if you wanted and ask if they still have or plan to have those rear springs again.

there's also the ome springs, but i had heard of people having alignment problems with them.
http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfindersus.html

there may be other places to get those ome springs as well.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:35 pm

I know those springs are on back order till june atleast. I wonder if the kit will show back up then

cgray

Postby cgray » Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Schmidty: I have that same setup. I also upgraded the rear shocks to the adjustable rancho xl2000 when I had the spacers and strut installed. I had ~90k miles at the time with stock shocks so they needed to be replaced anyway.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:31 pm

4X4parts.com still says they are on back order till june...emailed still waiting...

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:56 pm

I have the Rancho front Quicklifts and rear spacers but also have the Bilstein rear shocks and airbags. I tried the 4x4Parts rear springs and only got about a 1/2" lift, in the rear and had a reverse rake. I traded the springs, for the spacers and now have a level truck with about 2" lift all around. I am much happier with the lift and the airbags help with the soft OEM springs. If you do not do much off roading, and only want it for looks, this set up is just fine.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Oly 22 wrote:I have the Rancho front Quicklifts and rear spacers but also have the Bilstein rear shocks and airbags. I tried the 4x4Parts rear springs and only got about a 1/2" lift, in the rear and had a reverse rake. I traded the springs, for the spacers and now have a level truck with about 2" lift all around. I am much happier with the lift and the airbags help with the soft OEM springs. If you do not do much off roading, and only want it for looks, this set up is just fine.
hey oly could you pls send a link of where you ordered it from...car is due some time in the next week or so...

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Hey patomwazi,

I ordered everything from 4x4parts.com with exception of the Firestone Coil-Rite air bags, I got those, here in Vancouver at North Shore Off Road. Since what I originally ordered was not one of their kits, I did not order off line but phoned 4x4Parts, asked some questions and ended up placing the order at the same. Here is a link to the home page. www.4x4Parts.com/Nissan/

Oly

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”