'07 pathfinder se blows dome light fuse all the time.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

speedemon0222

'07 pathfinder se blows dome light fuse all the time.

Postby speedemon0222 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:03 am

I have an 07 pathfinder se wich I have had since it was brand new. My problem is the dome lights or map lights don't work. It blows the fuse in the glove box constantly. Sometimes as soon as you put it in. I have also noticed that at times the lights around the gearshifter will be on then go off. Same with the light around the key hole. Vehicle has done this since it was new. Every time I took it to the dealer they said they couldn't duplicate the problem and just put a new fuse in. Now no warranty and no lights which sucks. Any one have any ideas. Sometimes a fuse will work for a little bit then blow other times the fuse blows as soon as you put it in. It seems like it has gotten worse as time as gone on to the point where I don't even try putting one in it.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

sounds like a wire has rubbed bare or a switch is shorting.

speedemon0222

Postby speedemon0222 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Yea I'm thinking the same thing. I wonder where I need to start checking. How hard was it to go from a 4 wire to a seven wire hookup on your pathy.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 pm

If you have dated paperwork from the dealer addressing the problem when it was under warranty, you do have grounds to have it repaired under warranty. I wouldn't have put up with it for 6 years, however, and should have consulted your state's Lemon Laws regarding the issue. You might try contacting Nissan's customer service hotline, 1-800-NISSAN-1, for help. If you don't have dated paperwork regarding the attempts at fixing the issue, you would then be out of luck. Even if you don't have the physical receipts but know it was documented at the time of your services/repairs, you can get the dealer to retrieve your records and print them out in most cases. As far as fixing it, the biggest problem is duplicating the problem. If it occurs any time the courtesy/dome lights are turned "on," then the lamps can be unplugged one by one until the fuse stops blowing, and then that particular circuit for that one lamp can be check (and will often be the lamp itself. Power distribution wiring diagrams will show all that is powered off of that one fuse. You can get a download of the service manual online from various sources.

Return to “R51 Electrical”