The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
lefthand canyon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Offroad Adventures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctahjones

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: lefthand canyon Reply with quote

met up with cgray and one of his buddies to check this place out. pretty easy up to the first kiosk. it's supposed to be a straight through trail but we were getting conflicting reports from other drivers whether or not we could make it all the way through. since these are our daily drivers we didn't want to get into anything too hairy so we just did the kiosk and then back down.

i aired down to about 26psi (down from ~45 for normal driving). i unbolted my sway bar but couldn't get the bar off the endlinks, so i just left it like that thinking it would come off the bolts after a bit of driving. well i had also undid both nuts on one side not thinking, so when the bar did finally come off, so did the end link! luckily my wife found it while i was airing back up.

i would have disconnected the rear sway bar and aired down my airlift if we were going to get into anything more technical.

video is uploading, but here's a few pics

"no shooting", but notice all the bullet holes in the plexi over the fliers

stupid jeep with push button disconnectable sway bars Smile

airraid quick fit "cold-ish" air intake
2in rancho 9000XL front / bilstein HD rear / 4x4parts.com 2in HD rear springs
airlift 1000
bfg at 285/65/18
rocky road super sliders
volvite
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good weekend well spent.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
NmexMAX

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like fun. Looks similar to the trails around here, same sorta landscape.

I need to get the Pathfinder out more often.

Since mine isn't a DD I just removed the front sway bar and end links altogether. Nice to see a couple of Pathy's playing with a JK Rubi. Looking forward to the videos.
325/65-18 GYDT’s / 18x9 Fuel Hostage (-12mm/4.5 BS) / PRG RadFlo 2.5 Extended Coilovers ext reservoir / PRG Long Travel UCA’s / AirLift 1000 / 4x4 Parts Medium Duty Rear Springs / PRG RadFlo rear shocks / TAG Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000 / Rocky Road Super Sliders / 3.36 QX56 Differentials / Magnaflow 18” Muffler & Cajun catless B pipes / Bits & Pieces of the Calmini Lift
Oly 22

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great weekend.
2011 LE, Ebony, V6 4.0L, Airaid Quickfit CAI, IPF 868 Driving Lights, Rigid Industries SR 10" Specter LED Light Bar, Vision X 4200k Replacement 9007/H11/3057LED Lamps, Nissan Hood Deflector, Belkin USB Port, Firestone Coil-Rite 4166, Brushed Aluminum Billet Oil Filler Cap, Rocky-Road Super Sliders, Rancho 2" Quick Lift Loaded front coil overs, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Rancho 2" Rear Spacers, 4x4Parts Front Camber Bolts, BFG All Terrain T/A KO LT285-65/R18
FLpathFinder

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good time!
iheartmypathy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pics! looks like fun!! Smile
cgray

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we had a great time on the trail. The only thing I did was dial down my adjustable shocks down to 1. Figuring out a way to get a disconnecting front sway bar would be a big help.

Here is a video of some of the footage that doctahjones took of me going over one of the bigger ruts. My wife was not a big fan of me making PF rock extra when I got to the balance point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf1JAKyPEUE
'06 SE - Bull Bar w/ KC Highlites - K&N - Air Box Mod - By-passed water/oil transmission cooler - 2" Rancho Quicklift w/ Rancho Rear Spacers - Air Lift 1000 - Cooper AT3 LT265/75R16 - Blacked-Out Chrome
IcedTeasley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics! Looks like you guys had fun. I'd love to join you on your next trip into the hills. Let me know when/where you'd like to go. I've already beat my PF up quite a bit so I'm not concerned about how difficult the trail is. Also, I'm glad you made it to CO, doctahjones.
'06 SE Leather: PRG Radflo 2.0 Extended-Travel Front Coilovers + PRG UCAs, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/ OME 609 (Medium) springs, Airlift 1000, Skid Row Skid Plates, Nissan Factory Gas Tank Skid, Garvin Industries Wilderness Rack Sport Series Track Rack, BFG TA KO2s 285/75 R16 33s!!!, ATE Slotted Front Rotors w/ Hawk HP pads and ATE Standard Rotors w/ Akebono Ceramic pads - Wanting to spend $$ on lighting upgrades next
IcedTeasley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics! Looks like you guys had fun. I'd love to join you on your next trip into the hills. Let me know when/where you'd like to go. I've already beat my PF up quite a bit so I'm not concerned about how difficult the trail is. Also, I'm glad you made it to CO, doctahjones.
'06 SE Leather: PRG Radflo 2.0 Extended-Travel Front Coilovers + PRG UCAs, PRG Radflo 2.0 Rear Emulsion Shocks w/ OME 609 (Medium) springs, Airlift 1000, Skid Row Skid Plates, Nissan Factory Gas Tank Skid, Garvin Industries Wilderness Rack Sport Series Track Rack, BFG TA KO2s 285/75 R16 33s!!!, ATE Slotted Front Rotors w/ Hawk HP pads and ATE Standard Rotors w/ Akebono Ceramic pads - Wanting to spend $$ on lighting upgrades next
doctahjones

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IcedTeasley wrote:

thanks!

and that's really weird....not sure why i didn't think to send you a message about it, would have been fun to have another pathy there.

however now i have a wrangler as well so it's a tough decision on which to take!
airlift 1000
bfg at 285/65/18
rocky road super sliders
NmexMAX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctahjones wrote:

however now i have a wrangler as well so it's a tough decision on which to take!
What year? Hehe. Twisted Evil
325/65-18 GYDT’s / 18x9 Fuel Hostage (-12mm/4.5 BS) / PRG RadFlo 2.5 Extended Coilovers ext reservoir / PRG Long Travel UCA’s / AirLift 1000 / 4x4 Parts Medium Duty Rear Springs / PRG RadFlo rear shocks / TAG Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000 / Rocky Road Super Sliders / 3.36 QX56 Differentials / Magnaflow 18” Muffler & Cajun catless B pipes / Bits & Pieces of the Calmini Lift
doctahjones

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'99

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9130
airlift 1000
bfg at 285/65/18
rocky road super sliders
cgray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iced and Doctah: Does next weekend work for either of you to meet up for some trail riding?
'06 SE - Bull Bar w/ KC Highlites - K&N - Air Box Mod - By-passed water/oil transmission cooler - 2" Rancho Quicklift w/ Rancho Rear Spacers - Air Lift 1000 - Cooper AT3 LT265/75R16 - Blacked-Out Chrome
doctahjones

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next weekend might work. i'll get back with ya
airlift 1000
bfg at 285/65/18
rocky road super sliders
doctahjones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, so i'm down for this (6/22) weekend. sat or sun is fine with me.

still deciding on which vehicle to bring though Smile
airlift 1000
bfg at 285/65/18
rocky road super sliders
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Offroad Adventures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: