IPDM Replacement/ECU Relay

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

pdcsd858

IPDM Replacement/ECU Relay

Postby pdcsd858 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 am

My 07 Pathfinder would not crank or turnover. I did some research and found that a short-term work around was to swap the ECU relay with the Fog Lamp relay. I swapped them and sure enough, it started right up. I went to bed and the next day nothing. Back not cranking again. I am assuming the entire IPDM needs to be replaced. please let me know if it is only the case of buying a new ECU relay. I was reading random info about a recall on that IPDM but am not sure and haven't had the best luck with the local dealership. If I have to buy the new IPDM does it fit into the same case or does it need to be relocated. My main questions are: Should the whole IPDM be replaced, does it need to be relocated and if there is a recall on it. If it is a recall issue, how do I go about handling it? Thanks in advance everybody.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. Nice troubleshooting. Since you are still having problems that leads me to believe the IPDM is bad. But first I would try replacing the ecm relay with a new one from the dealer. It is now available as a separate part. To answer your question, The IPDM is a direct replacement part. I am not aware of any recalls for this issue but its been three years since I replaced my ecm relay so there may have been a recall since then.

Return to “R51 Electrical”