2014 Pathfinder transmission problems

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

caddosmith

2014 Pathfinder transmission problems

Postby caddosmith » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Bought a 2014 Pathfinder Platinum 10/3/2013. It started vibrating when you take off from stops. Not always, but frequently. Thought it was a tire out of balance and took it to dealer. They ran tests on the transmission and called Nissan and was told to replace it. this was around 12/21/2013. After about two weeks and new transmission it started doing it again. Took it back to dealer in March 2014 and again a new transmission. Two weeks later, it's doing the same thing.
Meet with the service manager today about the problem. He said that they had sold many Pathfinders and only had problems with one other vehicle, but not as bad as mine. He said to bring it in and Nissan would probably say to put another transmission in it.
Has anyone else had this problem? Gets old putting a new transmission in every two months.

caddosmith

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Personally, I'd be checking into whether or not your situation falls into the Lemon Law category.
If it does, I'd push for a 100% refund of all your costs & fees, or a replacement car if you want to try over again.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:44 am

eieio wrote:Personally, I'd be checking into whether or not your situation falls into the Lemon Law category.
If it does, I'd push for a 100% refund of all your costs & fees, or a replacement car if you want to try over again.
Agree. I would work the lemon law and either get a replacement or try a different vehicle.

Return to “2013+ Pathfinder”