Pics

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:02 am

hah, good to know i wasn't the only one that had a time with it. 8)

here was my write up on it
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=7890

one day i'll redo mine too. as for the hold up, everything has been -great- with the exception of my rocker panels. and it's not because of rocks, but because of our dogs jumping into the back. they seem to just catch the edge of the panel and they'll scratch off some of it. i've had to patch it a few times, but other than that it's holding up very well.

and thanks! i actually hate white but at the time it was the closest v8 4x4 to dallas i could find, and it was all the way out in tyler (2 hours away!). next closest was in virginia (at least according to autotrader). and love the look of your red one, all that black goes nicely with it.

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:53 am

Your write up is pretty similar to what I did minus the electric tape. The drop cloth I used was real thin plastic so it fit between the light and bumper. I just folded a piece of tape and made a "pull tab" to tape to it and make it easier to get out. Yea Tyler is a haul from Dallas it's only like an hour west of here. Almost got my tires there from discount tire but found a better deal locally. I found my pathy in Lufkin, TX early June of last year.

iheartmypathy

Postby iheartmypathy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:02 pm

wow, that looks awesome!!!

cgray

Postby cgray » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Using over 4 cans should be plenty to keep it looking good. I used 3 cans to do mine (2 for wheels and 1 for everything else) and it is holding up great.

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:46 pm

That's good to hear. Drove all the way to Alabama and hit some accidental mud with no issues. Takin it back to Louisiana tomorrow, I'm very happy with it. Can't wait to get the lift on next Saturday.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:15 am

Hey kids...another newbie question...cant get access to plastidip so decide to go the spray paint route....do i need to put primer before or just clean and paint and finger cross for the best??

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:01 am

Nobody will ship to you? Surely amazon would. I you do decide the spray paint route i would do a lot of research. I watched a few guys do it on you tube and I've helped a friend do wheels. We just sanded down and don't use primer but I think that the primer would actually help. I would maybe even just pay the $$ to get it done at that point.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”