DIY: Vehicle Rim Cleaning (Vid Tutorial)

Let's go, Zaino, Mothers, Meguiars...Fight!

Moderator: volvite

ProStreetDriver

DIY: Vehicle Rim Cleaning (Vid Tutorial)

Postby ProStreetDriver » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lre7EIeb86M

Video tutorial on how to clean road debris, brake dust, or any types of dirt of your vehicle's rims. The cleaning products that I used in this video is Spray Nine and MR82 Aluma Brite (hydrochloric and sulfuric acid based cleaner). This particular rim has a powder coated finish, so I'm not aware how well this method will worth on a bare polished aluminum rim. Spray Nine can be purchased at your local hardware store, grocery store, or big box style store. MR82 Aluma Brite was purchased at my local Krown oil spray dealer, but you can also try other types of automotive stores or an automotive dealer supplier for a similar style product.

Procedure:
-you can either remove the rims off the vehicle or leave them on the vehicle
-if the rims aren't too dirty, you can use the one product Spray Nine
-apply the Spray Nine onto the rims and allow them to soak for a couple minutes without having the solution dry on the rims
-using a courser style tooth brush, continue to scrub the dirt
-finally rinse with water
-you can use the Spray Nine solution a couple times to help ensure all the dirt is removed
-if the grim is more severe, using an acid style rims cleaner, spray the solution on the rims and let it soak for a couple minutes again
-using the tooth brush, give the rims a a good scrub down on the dirty areas
-finally rinse with water
-you can use the acid based rim cleaner a couple times to help ensure all the dirt is removed

Carolemire

Re: DIY: Vehicle Rim Cleaning (Vid Tutorial)

Postby Carolemire » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:27 am

The article shared is very useful. Omegle online

Return to “Detailing Details”