Ready to lift, have no idea what I'm doing...please help!

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

WalterThePathfinder

Ready to lift, have no idea what I'm doing...please help!

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:43 am

Hey everyone! It's my first time posting on here but I have been doing my research for a while and I've read every lift forum there is and I am finally ready to lift my Pathy....but I have no idea what I am doing at all....

I don't do much offroading, I just want my Pathy to be higher and have some bigger tires, preferably those badass duratrec tires from Goodyear, I see a few of y'all have those.

I see pretty much my only options are dropping 1k on a suspension lift, which some of y'all say does pretty much nothing or going after the 3 inch body lift which it seems like nobody has done...but that's what I am more leaning towards. It's cheaper and I'm really only going for good looks and to make it a bigger truck.

What I want to do eventually is get the suspension lift on top of my body lift but i don't know if that's a good idea or not. Like I said, when y'all start talking shocks and springs and struts and stuff I have no idea what you're talking about. I am a new car enthusiast and am really ready to start modifying my pathfinder! I appreciate y'all's help and look forward to gettkng some expert advice from the fellow pathfinder community! Thanks again you guys!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 am

Welcome to the forum. There have been many people like you that want the same kid of performance you are looking for. Take a look at this thread as it will provide all the information you will probably want to know about the lifts members have tried on their Pathfinders...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=4823

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Yeah man I've already looked at that forum, read the entire thing I'm looking for advice and stuff and help I appreciate it though!

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:18 pm

If you don't care about performance and only looks, you can get a real cheap and easy by going with rear spacers and perhaps a front leveling kit for the Frontier, or the quicklift for the front, all under 500$. In the end it will probably net 1.75 - 2.00" of lift, couple that with the tires and you've another inch or so. Throw on some 33's and you'll be all set.

I wouldn't go with the body lift. 3" is, IMO too much for a BL and I don't like the way the gap looks in between the frame and body.

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Yeah that's what I have heard is that 3 inches is going to look big but I can't tell the difference between body lifts and suspension. And what does all that mean? Like what should I look up? Like I said I have no idea what spacers are or what a quick lift is haha. If I got the 3 inch id get some big tires to make it look better or it doesn't work that way? Hahahaha

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Like the 3 inch BL from 4x4 doesn't look that bad, it actually looks pretty cool....it's obvious the picture was taken from the ground to make it look bigger in the "after"'photo but what are the general reviews on that? Cause for $375 that's what I'm looking at [/img]

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:04 pm

These guys have a lot of options too. Anywhere from the mini kit (269$) which are just spacers, to a full out coilover set for about $1900, that includes rear shocks, front coilovers and UCA's.

www.prgproducts.com/

Keep in mind, the Frontier and Pathfinder front suspensions are identical so anything that fits the Fronty with fit the Pathy.

Rear suspension is different, but the shocks will still fit (Fronty and Path).

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Oh wow that's awesome! Okay so what do I do about rear suspension?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:17 pm

WalterThePathfinder wrote:Oh wow that's awesome! Okay so what do I do about rear suspension?
Spacers or longer springs. Have you done any research?

4x4parts has longer springs from Automotive Customizers (AC), as does Old Man EMU. 4x4 parts also has spacers, as does PRG.

Upgraded shocks would help too, although it doesn't seem as if you're interested in that, just want a higher vehicle.

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Yeah surprisingly even though it doesn't seem like it I have done my research I am just not a car person but i want to be so I'm trying to learn so I just don't know really anything yet

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Is a body lift pretty much just spacers? Cause I'm on that PRG website and I see all these spacers....is that all I need really? Those 2 inch spacers or is there more than that?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:39 pm

WalterThePathfinder wrote:Is a body lift pretty much just spacers? Cause I'm on that PRG website and I see all these spacers....is that all I need really? Those 2 inch spacers or is there more than that?
Body lift lifts the body from the frame, using a series if bushings/spacers. Those spacers on that site put a spacers in between the suspension components, not the body and frame. Body and frame stay as is with suspension spacers.

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 pm

So I wanna lift my car but I don't have the 1K for a suspension lift and I won't really be off roading I just want it for looks...

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:26 pm

WalterThePathfinder wrote:So I wanna lift my car but I don't have the 1K for a suspension lift and I won't really be off roading I just want it for looks...
then get the PRG mini kit for 269.

Suspension lift using spacers.

Or get the rancho rear poly spacers and a front leveling kit for about 220$. 120$ for the front leveling kit and 75$ for the rear spacers.

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:49 pm

NmexMAX wrote:
WalterThePathfinder wrote:So I wanna lift my car but I don't have the 1K for a suspension lift and I won't really be off roading I just want it for looks...
then get the PRG mini kit for 269.

Suspension lift using spacers.

Or get the rancho rear poly spacers and a front leveling kit for about 220$. 120$ for the front leveling kit and 75$ for the rear spacers.
So you're saying....get the mini kit for $269, then use spacers to get a suspension lift? So the spacers act as a suspension lift? And where can I find all this on PRG?

And if I buy the mini kit that's two inches can I buy the frontier .5 spacers as well for 2.5 inches? Or is that dangerous?

I really appreciate your help man I know I look like a total dumbass hahaha
Last edited by WalterThePathfinder on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”