Ready to lift, have no idea what I'm doing...please help!

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:32 am

WalterThePathfinder wrote:
NmexMAX wrote:
WalterThePathfinder wrote:So I wanna lift my car but I don't have the 1K for a suspension lift and I won't really be off roading I just want it for looks...
then get the PRG mini kit for 269.

Suspension lift using spacers.

Or get the rancho rear poly spacers and a front leveling kit for about 220$. 120$ for the front leveling kit and 75$ for the rear spacers.
So you're saying....get the mini kit for $269, then use spacers to get a suspension lift? So the spacers act as a suspension lift? And where can I find all this on PRG?

And if I buy the mini kit that's two inches can I buy the frontier .5 spacers as well for 2.5 inches? Or is that dangerous?

I really appreciate your help man I know I look like a total dumbass hahaha

The mini kit is a set of spacers, that's it, and it is a "complete kit" as in front and back..
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product ... _mini_kit/

--------------------------------------------------------------
OR, you can just get a front leveling kit:
http://www.roughcountry.com/nissan_fron ... g_kit.html

And add these spacers:
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html

Those 2 combined will be a complete kit, and less $$$ than the PRG mini kit.

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:57 am

So the front leveling kit gives me 2.5 which is perfect that's what I want. Then I buy the spacers for the back which aren't listing an inch amount but is it like 2 or 2.5? If its only 2 inches do I need to worry about the front end being .5 higher?

The rancho quucklift is for my shocks which raises my auspenion correct? maybe further down the road after I get the leveling and the rear spacers I could get those shocks if I really wanted to, could that work?

This is probably looking like my best bet and the cheapest option though right?

And I'm assuming ill need an alignment after all this as well correct?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:13 pm

If you are thinking of going with the quicklift, I would go with it since now. I wouldn't "stack" the leveling kit and the quick lift. I'd guess your front suspension would not be able to get aligned if you did that.

The rear Rancho spacers are about 1.75" - 2" from what I've read on here. I'd imagine you could gain a bit with an airbag kit, but then again that's another 100$ on top of that.

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:20 pm

NmexMAX wrote:If you are thinking of going with the quicklift, I would go with it since now. I wouldn't "stack" the leveling kit and the quick lift. I'd guess your front suspension would not be able to get aligned if you did that.

The rear Rancho spacers are about 1.75" - 2" from what I've read on here. I'd imagine you could gain a bit with an airbag kit, but then again that's another 100$ on top of that.

Well the rancho and all that would start running me pretty expensive....And if it'll be an issue if my fronts higher than my back and I can't get it aligned than I might as well get the MIni Kit.....can I stack .5 spacers onto the mini kit?

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:33 pm

WalterThePathfinder wrote:
NmexMAX wrote:If you are thinking of going with the quicklift, I would go with it since now. I wouldn't "stack" the leveling kit and the quick lift. I'd guess your front suspension would not be able to get aligned if you did that.

Well the rancho and all that would start running me pretty expensive....And if it'll be an issue if my fronts higher than my back and I can't get it aligned than I might as well get the MIni Kit.....can I stack .5 spacers onto the mini kit?
If I were you, I'd keep it simple and get the rancho rear spacers and the leveling kit either from Rough Country or 4x4 parts. Cheapest option and you'll get about 1.75-2" or so. Keep in mind 0.75 difference in the front or back wont look off at all. You would literally need to measure in order to actually notice it so I wouldn't worry about it being perfectly level front or back. Also, a lot of the estimates given by any company are a little off to begin with and are just that, only an estimate.

If you stacked a 0.5" spacer on top of the mini kit, you would then possibly have a hard time aligning it since the mini kit sets you at about 2" front and rear.

Stacking spacers doesn't seem like a good idea though. You'll need longer bolts at least for the front, and also will probably end up getting a small clank in front due to the top of the spring perch contacting the spacers & UCA, albeit only in droop situations, which you are unlikely to encounter.

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Alright man well I think I will end up going with that option then! Thank you for all you're help I will post pics!

srquill

Postby srquill » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:56 pm

WalterThePathfinder wrote:Alright man well I think I will end up going with that option then! Thank you for all you're help I will post pics!
Hey, you do that mini kit? Any pictures or issues installing?

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:56 pm

I went with the 2.5" front spacer and regret it really bad ride i recently got alot of steering issues ordered the 5100 adjustables up front to lower it to a 2.0" lift up front and airlift 1000 in the rear im really hopping to fix my driving experience i will let you know on status

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 pm

3" lift with the duratracs 165 70 17

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”