Lift installed

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

WDE08

Lift installed

Postby WDE08 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Finally got my lift kit installed, been sick all week so I had to put it off. Rancho quicklift and rear spacers/Firestone bags. All in all I'm very pleased, the ride is a million times better with the new coils and bags. I'll be ordering .5" wheel spacers this week.

Before

After

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:44 pm

The Pathfinder looks good. Nice job.

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:47 pm

volvite wrote:The Pathfinder looks good. Nice job.
Thanks man, the lift thread was a ton of help. Actually wouldn't have known where to start without it. I see you are at hill, afb. I'm here at lovely barksdale...

I know each base or duty station is what you make of it, but I can't see myself enjoying Barksdale. That just sounds horrible. Hot + Humid = Horrible.

Jays2010

Postby Jays2010 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Very nice! What size tires are those?

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Jays2010 wrote:Very nice! What size tires are those?
Thanks, they are 285/70/17...just short of 33s.

canderso

Postby canderso » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Nice looking truck. That red looks really good with the dark tint.

I did my lift about a month ago and am just trying to put some miles on the tires before I commit to a new set. I was looking at finding something around a 33" tall tire.

What brand and model are those? They look good.

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:43 pm

canderso wrote:Nice looking truck. That red looks really good with the dark tint.

I did my lift about a month ago and am just trying to put some miles on the tires before I commit to a new set. I was looking at finding something around a 33" tall tire.

What brand and model are those? They look good.
Appreciate it, they are toyo open country at IIs. I've only had em on a couple weeks but I've driven in a lot of rain and they've performed great. They are quiet for an AT tire and came with a 65k warranty. They do rub just a little bit though.

Jays2010

Postby Jays2010 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:49 pm

WDE08 wrote:
Jays2010 wrote:Very nice! What size tires are those?
Thanks, they are 285/70/17...just short of 33s.
Cool.. Exactly the size I'm considering to get.. Are you 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive?

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Sadly I'm 2wd

iheartmypathy

Re: Lift installed

Postby iheartmypathy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:52 pm

[quote="WDE08"]Finally got my lift kit installed, been sick all week so I had to put it off. Rancho quicklift and rear spacers/Firestone bags. All in all I'm very pleased, the ride is a million times better with the new coils and bags. I'll be ordering .5" wheel spacers this week.

that looks sick!! nice job!!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:47 am

WDE08 wrote: I know each base or duty station is what you make of it, but I can't see myself enjoying Barksdale. That just sounds horrible. Hot + Humid = Horrible.
Nice! I know this sounds wrong, but I almost like the look w/out the lift installed. Anyway, looks great.

One of the schools in Mississippi offers a very unique grad program that I was drooling over for a couple of years. In the end, I just couldn't get myself to live in that area. It can be quite pretty when visiting, but I can't imagine living there.

WalterThePathfinder

Postby WalterThePathfinder » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:48 am

Looks great man! How much lift did you get from the rear spacers? And were they these?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:31 pm

NVSteve wrote:
WDE08 wrote: I know each base or duty station is what you make of it, but I can't see myself enjoying Barksdale. That just sounds horrible. Hot + Humid = Horrible.
Nice! I know this sounds wrong, but I almost like the look w/out the lift installed. Anyway, looks great.

One of the schools in Mississippi offers a very unique grad program that I was drooling over for a couple of years. In the end, I just couldn't get myself to live in that area. It can be quite pretty when visiting, but I can't imagine living there.
Thanks, I was a little disappointed that the lift made the tires look smaller but hopefully wheel spacers help that. I spent 9 months in Biloxi,ms shortly after Katrina but I still enjoyed it there. As for the rest of MS I can't see it being that exciting. I'm born and raised in the SE, lived in pretty much all of them and loved it, but I have to agree that the scenery out W is better.

WDE08

Postby WDE08 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:33 pm

WalterThePathfinder wrote:Looks great man! How much lift did you get from the rear spacers? And were they these?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html
Yep those are the ones. I don't remember exactly what I got from them...I wanna say 2 inches maybe a hair more.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:43 pm

WDE08 wrote:
NVSteve wrote:

Thanks, I was a little disappointed that the lift made the tires look smaller but hopefully wheel spacers help that. I spent 9 months in Biloxi,ms shortly after Katrina but I still enjoyed it there. As for the rest of MS I can't see it being that exciting. I'm born and raised in the SE, lived in pretty much all of them and loved it, but I have to agree that the scenery out W is better.
I think the spacers will do the lift justice. When everything moves vertical, having a wider stance to accommodate it I think is pretty crucial, at least in the looks department.

What are the specs/brand of spacers you're going with? Are they bolt on adapters or, just spacers with longer studs?

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”