2006 PF SE V6 Auto 4WD, hard shifting

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

rannunziato

2006 PF SE V6 Auto 4WD, hard shifting

Postby rannunziato » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:33 pm

2006 PF SE V6 Auto 4WD, 129K miles. Trans replaced with rebuilt at 80K by dealer after trans/rad failure. My questions is, when the truck is cold or hasn't been driven for a period of time, the trans shifting from 1st to 2nd is not smooth. It seems to kinda softly slam into 2nd for the first few shifts and after that everything's fine. I did the flush and fill with matic s or j (I forget) last year. Is there something more I can do? ie mechanic in a can? I do tow with it and want to be pro-active in reducing the likelihood of early failure.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 2006 PF SE V6 Auto 4WD, hard shifting

Postby eieio » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:41 pm

rannunziato wrote:2006 PF SE V6 Auto 4WD, 129K miles. Trans replaced with rebuilt at 80K by dealer after trans/rad failure. My questions is, when the truck is cold or hasn't been driven for a period of time, the trans shifting from 1st to 2nd is not smooth. It seems to kinda softly slam into 2nd for the first few shifts and after that everything's fine. I did the flush and fill with matic s or j (I forget) last year. Is there something more I can do? ie mechanic in a can? I do tow with it and want to be pro-active in reducing the likelihood of early failure.
this topic belongs in the R51 forum :wink:

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”