Jerseyparts

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:40 am

Absolutely, thank you! Just for that, if I think I can get the thing to work in the PF, I'll buy it from you.

Jerseyparts

Postby Jerseyparts » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 am

Let me know if you need pics of the ends, while I have it out.

Brian

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:48 am

Sure, that would be helpful. And, just to make sure I'm on the same page, the 56 some odd inches you wrote about is the width of the thing when it is retracted/rolled up? How about the length of the actual cover when it is extended?

Jerseyparts

Postby Jerseyparts » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:23 pm

ok here is a pic:

ok, the red number is overall length. 56 3/4
the Green number is length not including mounting nubs: 56 1/2
the Blue Number is the cover tabs, these are the tabs that would drop into to something to hold the extended cover.
They are 48 1/2

and the total width of the cover pulled out is 29 1/2

Hope this helps

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Perfect! Thanks a million. Now to compare that with the workable PF interior dimensions. I'm really hoping I can come up with a way to make it work.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Jerseyparts wrote:Ok, I did some measuring this morning.

The overall length of the unit is 56 1/2 inches, and including the nubs on the ends 56 3/4 inch
Now the unit can be compressed down to about 55 Inchs 55 1/2 including the mounting nubs.

I hope this helps you.
Okay, I finally had some time to look at this & get some measurements. I came up with about 57" from side to side. That won't be a problem because whatever mount I have to come up with will have to customized, so I can always make it fit. The distance from the front to the back is also about 29-29.5", so it sounds like it will fit that way also. The distance across in the very back, measured to the inside of the grooves on either side is 46.5". A bit shorter, but I just don't know how that 46.5" aligns with the front 57". I'm guessing it isn't dead center, but maybe one side has a 5" indent, maybe the other 3". All in all, I think it's very workable.

However, after staring at the interior for a while, another idea struck me that might just be far simpler. It wouldn't retract, but I could care less. Just forward of each side's cover caps are tiedown brackets:

What I'm thinking is fabric of some sort. Attach clips on the ends, strings or whatever, and then attach the rear of the cover to a long plastic tube (or even a broomstick, fiberglass antenna, aluminum tube similar to a tent pole, etc.). I think I may just work on something along these lines. It's hard for me to explain, but basically just some type of fabric covering the back:

Or, just grab a cargo net online that will come close to those dimensions and just clip it to the tiedowns in front and back. I wonder if they make cargo covers out of a canvas type material, yet still have the elastic cord stitched into the edges?

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”