Silver Edition oddity

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Silver Edition oddity

Postby skinny2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:49 pm

So I've been shopping for a super low mileage 2012, specifically a Silver edition. I've found one I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on but came across this ad:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale ... 79397&mmt=[NISSAN[PATH[]][]]&listingId=353779397&listingIndex=1&Log=0

The odd part is that this one has the full-time AWD system. Everything I've found says that the full-time system was only available on the LE. I also searched nationwide for 2012 Silver editions and none appear to have this system. Can anyone shed some light on this?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Silver Edition oddity

Postby eieio » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 pm

skinny2 wrote:So I've been shopping for a super low mileage 2012, specifically a Silver edition. I've found one I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on but came across this ad:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale ... 79397&mmt=[NISSAN[PATH[]][]]&listingId=353779397&listingIndex=1&Log=0

The odd part is that this one has the full-time AWD system. Everything I've found says that the full-time system was only available on the LE. I also searched nationwide for 2012 Silver editions and none appear to have this system. Can anyone shed some light on this?
maybe they can shed some light on this?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:22 am

eieio wrote: maybe they can shed some light on this?
Seriously? Real helpful, dude.

Knowledge is power and leverage when dealing with dealer ass clowns, and the OPPORTUNITY is right in questioning this ad. Either they've made a mistake (those pics are not an Service model from what I can tell) or the ad is bait and switch.

I didnt see a price listed, so my instinct would be to move on to the next!

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:14 am

i agree with disallow. a lot of car dealers dont really know crap about the cars they sell. some dealers just search for car info and dont check the trim level or the vin.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:47 am

I agree with you guys about dealers generally not knowing about models etc. I constantly see "S" models and "SE" models mixed up in the ads. And don't even get started with how many are listed as "Silver" models when that's just the color!!

But this one I figured out on my own. Notice they don't advertise this as a "Silver" model, but everything else is correct. You can see the "Silver" badge on the back, the leather seating, model specific wheels, keyless ignition...all add up to a Silver edition. You can also see this isn't a mixed up pic with an LE because you see the Auto 4x4 button with the normal dash trim. An LE would have woodgrain.

Also I believe there's no price because they just listed it. This is the first time it's showed up on my search and according to Carfax just came in a few days ago.

I'm not super serious about this one but was intrigued by the 4x4. I also like this color a lot but I have a feeling the price is going to be bonkers based on their asking price for other low-mileage Pathfinders. I'm planning to go look at a private party '12 Silver today. It's white which isn't my favorite color but it appears to be mint and the price is quite right.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:04 am

disallow wrote:
eieio wrote: maybe they can shed some light on this?
Seriously? Real helpful, dude.

Knowledge is power and leverage when dealing with dealer ass clowns, and the OPPORTUNITY is right in questioning this ad. Either they've made a mistake (those pics are not an Service model from what I can tell) or the ad is bait and switch.

I didnt see a price listed, so my instinct would be to move on to the next!
that's EXACTLY what I meant, QUESTION the ad...........
seems your response (disallow) had some attitude towards me in it
why?
I meant no offence or sarcasm
:? :?

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:25 am

skinny2 wrote:I agree with you guys about dealers generally not knowing about models etc. I constantly see "S" models and "SE" models mixed up in the ads. And don't even get started with how many are listed as "Silver" models when that's just the color!!

But this one I figured out on my own. Notice they don't advertise this as a "Silver" model, but everything else is correct. You can see the "Silver" badge on the back, the leather seating, model specific wheels, keyless ignition...all add up to a Silver edition. You can also see this isn't a mixed up pic with an LE because you see the Auto 4x4 button with the normal dash trim. An LE would have woodgrain.

Also I believe there's no price because they just listed it. This is the first time it's showed up on my search and according to Carfax just came in a few days ago.

I'm not super serious about this one but was intrigued by the 4x4. I also like this color a lot but I have a feeling the price is going to be bonkers based on their asking price for other low-mileage Pathfinders. I'm planning to go look at a private party '12 Silver today. It's white which isn't my favorite color but it appears to be mint and the price is quite right.

Agreed, it's definitely a silver model, has the leather seats too. I doubt there's anything untoward here, just some incompetence. Can you take the vin off the last picture and run that through carfax? Maybe that would clear it up. A friend recently bought a moderately old but in mint condition highlander and the dealer insisted it did not come with three row seating even though it was obvious they were there but down in the pics of cargo area. The price reflected the non-three row option, so my friend shrugged his shoulders and bought it, taking the chance that the dealer was being incompetent and not hiding horrifc damage of some kind. Third row is as mint as the rest of the car and he got a steal. So, I'd at least check and see if this one ends up priced like an S...you never know.

Best of luck whichever way you go.

Return to “R51 General Chat”