New mud grips on the rig

Regional discussions and Get Together organization for the Southeast

Moderator: volvite

jsealey

New mud grips on the rig

Postby jsealey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:30 am

hey guys, this is my first post on this forum. I would like to start of being a little informative. I just bought brand new mud tires yesterday, and in any fashion, you have to test them immediately. so I did. these are mud claw radials, made by sigma ( there are also other brands that carry this same tire such as cordovan, multi mile...). which all these brands fall under the Cooper brand. load e range 10 ply. how did they do? oh buddy the traction! they root so well in the soup, so well in fact that you should really go through your own ruts once. I ventured down to Ravanel, SC and placed my pathfinder in an untouched swamp. went through it twice, no problem. leaving out the second time,I just hammered down letting all four tires throw roosters. i was dared to go in a third time, so I did. needless to say I went through my same ruts and sunk, laying frame. a nissan frontier got stuck trying to get to me, and a full size jacked up bronco had to link two chains and pull me from the dirt road. moral of the story, even though I got stuck, I stuck myself through my own stupidity. I will post pictures of the day so that you will know it was not a light off-road venture.

jsealey

Postby jsealey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:30 am

for some reason I can't get the pictures from my phone on here.

Return to “Southeast US”