Tettsut wheels 20"

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Patfaynder

Tettsut wheels 20"

Postby Patfaynder » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:38 am

I have 2012 Pathfinder SV and buying a set of Tettsut X Black in 20x9 offset 30 by Eta Beta. My pathy is lowered with H&R by I think 1.5" front and back. Back has an airlift 1000 bags. I'm looking into getting 295x45x20 as I'm a big fan of wider tire and to stay close to the overall diameter. Also considering buying a custom built wheel spacer in 6x114.3, maybe less than 10mm thick just enough to bring the wheel out to avoid hitting the suspension and brake components. Given the tire size and the use of wheel spacer, is there anything that I need to be aware of before moving forward. Thanks.
[/img]

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Try this, it helps:
http://www.tire-size-calculator.info/

I went ahead and used what mine came with stock (18x7.5, +30, 265 60's vs your 20x9, +30, 295 45's) and it looks fine, no strut rubbing or anything. They will sit out 1.14", and only sit in about 3/8 (0.36") to be exact; closer to your strut.

Patfaynder

Postby Patfaynder » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks NmexMAX, aside from rubbing issue, do I have to concern about using spacer such as vibration issue? Am I also reducing the thread on the bolt and causing safety issue? Any solution to this? I've also read that the main concern with spacers is the increased scrub radius puts more stress on your wheel bearrings, which may cause them to wear out quicker, is this will also be a problem on a milder spacer set up? Or do I have to buy a thinner wheels spacer like 5mm to reduce the stress? Do you have any suggestion where I could get the best spacer, just worried on the material used as I don't want to cause any galvanic corrosion which will be hard to take it off if I need to remove it as I leave on a city that rains a lot - Vancouver BC.

By the way can you confirm if 17 has 7.5 width and not 7 because I'm keeping my stock rims, sell the stock tires, paint the rim black and will buy 265x70x17 Duratracs, in case I've change my mind into going to different route.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:09 am

Patfaynder wrote:Thanks NmexMAX, aside from rubbing issue, do I have to concern about using spacer such as vibration issue? Am I also reducing the thread on the bolt and causing safety issue? Any solution to this? I've also read that the main concern with spacers is the increased scrub radius puts more stress on your wheel bearrings, which may cause them to wear out quicker, is this will also be a problem on a milder spacer set up? Or do I have to buy a thinner wheels spacer like 5mm to reduce the stress? Do you have any suggestion where I could get the best spacer, just worried on the material used as I don't want to cause any galvanic corrosion which will be hard to take it off if I need to remove it as I leave on a city that rains a lot - Vancouver BC.

By the way can you confirm if 17 has 7.5 width and not 7 because I'm keeping my stock rims, sell the stock tires, paint the rim black and will buy 265x70x17 Duratracs, in case I've change my mind into going to different route.
Typically quality spaces come wityh extended studs.

I have used them on many of my vehicles and have yet to experience any wobbling or vibrations. I would suggest getting a wheel adapter. but those are limited to about 3/4" is the thinnest I've seen.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:48 am

i have 1.5" spacers on mine and have had no issues, except for some franchise tire places wont touch cars with spacers. most places dont care though.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”