rancho quicklift question

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

rancho quicklift question

Postby not on the rug » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 pm

How can I tell the right from the left? I didn't realize they were side specific and had them out of the boxes they came in. The serial numbers on each shock are the same (and neither one is the number on the box or on the rancho site) and on each one underneath the serial number is another number. One says PO74G1 and the other one says POO7G1. I'm having them installed tomorrow, so I'd really like to figure this out. Of course 4x4parts isnt answering or returning my calls

not on the rug

update

Postby not on the rug » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:27 am

so a little update. I received an email back from 4x4parts. here's the important part:

"Thank you for your purchase. That is correct they are the same parts and can be switched from side to side. Rancho does put different part numbers
on each box, but what is inside is identical parts."

so now i'm just waiting to hear back from rancho in order to be 100% sure. i'm surprised nobody else has chimed in on this one yet

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:28 am

Both my sets of coilovers from PRG have been the same, doesn't matter which side. I would imagine it be the same from these, since it too is a coilover type shock/coil combo.

Same goes for the rear shocks, springs & spacers.

Although, PRG's are threaded for adjust ability, so that wouldn't matter for the adjustable knob on the Rancho's.

And my Maxima struts had the adjustment on the top accessible from under the hood, so maybe the adjustment knob is in a different spot, more accessible if they were installed on correct sides.

not on the rug

thanks

Postby not on the rug » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 am

as far as I can tell, they are completely identical. bolt placement, knob placement, etc. I can see no reason for it to matter which side they go on either. it boggles my mind as to why rancho would list them under a different part number. I have still not received a reply from rancho yet

akley88

Postby akley88 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:38 am

on rancho's site it says to use the left front to depletion then use the right side. which im guessing means that either side can be used on either side.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”